One single mother in Atlanta is very happy that Tyler Perry turned on the news. What he saw there has helped her avoid being thrown out of her home. Xernna Nieves and her son, John Williams, who suffers from aplastic anemia had just returned from a Make a Wish Foundation visit to see NBA player Derrick Rose, returned to an eviction notice on the door.
Aplastic anemia is a potentially fatal condition that causes the bone marrow not to make enough blood cells. The Make-A-Wish foundation provided transportation, meals and hotel so that 16-year-old Williams could meet his favorite celebrity. Williams has already had two bone marrow transplants and his illness made it difficult for Nieves to find work after losing her job in 2012.
A single mother of four, Nieves says she gets no child support and admits that she’s had prior problems paying the rent but that the landlord has worked with her in the past. This time, they were apparently fed up and an eviction was scheduled for Tuesday.
“I was told that corporate office told her not to accept any more rent money from us,” Nieves told WSB-TV.
She said she doesn’t receive child support for her four children. The family would be homeless if evicted.
“I have no place to go. I really have no place to go.”
Enter Perry, who was watching Atlanta’s WSB-TV Action News and offered to pay Nieves’ rent for a full year. Perry reached out to the management company personally and at first couldn’t reach anyone. But WSB-TV has confirmed the the apartment manager will accept Perry’s offer and allow the family to remain in their home. Perry says his offer was freely given and he expects nothing from the Nieves family.
Thank you. Thank you for watching the news when you did,” Nieves said. “I just wanted to tell him, to thank him. My family and I, we thank you,” Nieves said. “He didn’t have to come in person to pay it.”
Cuteness Overload: Celebrity Family Moments That Made Us Say "Aww"
1. 2 Chainz with his daughtersSource:2 Chainz Instagram 1 of 15
2. Monica and Shannon Brown and their daughter LaiyahSource:Monica Instagram 2 of 15
3. Kevin Hart and his kids Heaven and HendrixSource:AP 3 of 15
4. The CartersSource:Instagram 4 of 15
5. The WestsSource:AP 5 of 15
6. Alicia Keys and her son EgyptSource:Instagram 6 of 15
7. Christina Milian and her daughter VioletSource:Instagram 7 of 15
8. The Game and his daughter Cali.Source:Instagram 8 of 15
9. LeBron James and his son Bryce.Source:Instagram 9 of 15
10. Carmelo Anthony and his son Kiyan.Source:Instagram 10 of 15
11. Vin Diesel, Rev Run and Tyrese with their daughters.Source:Instagram 11 of 15
12. Fantasia and son Dallas.Source:Instagram 12 of 15
13. Tiny and her sons Major and King.Source:Instagram 13 of 15
14. Vince Herbert and his son Logan.Source:Instagram 14 of 15
15. Wiz Khalifah and his son Sebastian.Source:Instagram 15 of 15