Most of the companies range from fields in legal to healthcare to technology and may be found in some of the major metropolitan cities across the United States. Though many of the top paying jobs require advanced degrees, majority of the companies also offer generous perks and benefits to other employees as well.
Here are the 10 Top Paying Companies of 2014:
1) WellStar Health System–This Atlanta-based hospital system includes five hospitals and seven urgent care centers, where physicians are paid top dollar.
Average annual base pay: $253,500
Best Companies Rank : 39
2) Bingam McCutchen, LLP–The average annual salary for associates is $222,231, more than $6,000 higher than the previous year’s $216,000 average salary.
Average annual base pay: $222,231
Best Companies Rank : 60
3) Cooley, LLP – The law firm known for its technology practice–and counts Facebook as one of its clients–has some of the highest paid associates.
Average annual base pay: $215,861
Best Companies Rank : 100
4) Perkins Coie – This Seattle-based law firm has some of the highest paid associates, with average annual salaries at $175,787. That’s more than $10,000 higher than $165,815 the previous year.
Average annual base pay: $175,787
Best Companies Rank : 41
5) Hilcorp Energy Company – They say good engineers aren’t easy to come by in the U.S., and some of the highest paid are working at this Houston-based oil and gas producer.
Average annual base pay: $162,980
Best Companies Rank : 15
6) Discovery Communications –The cable network giant and parent of the Discovery Channel produces original programs such as Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs and has some of the highest paid executive producers.
Average annual base pay: $160,000
For: Executive producer
Best Companies Rank : 79
7) Arnold & Porter – At this Washington DC-based firm, it pays to be an associate. The firm not only compensates its attorneys well, it offers the rest of its staff a nice breather from busy work days: Each month on the first Friday, staff are invited to its “Garden Room” for pizza and refreshment, and the firm other offices host similar events.
Average annual base pay: $160,000
Best Companies Rank : 81
8) Devon Energy – This Oklahoma City-based natural gas and oil producer pays its exploration and production professionals well, but it’s also the other perks make life a little more convenient for the busy employees at Devon.
Average annual base pay: $158,664
For: Exploration and production professionals
Best Companies Rank : 56
9) EOG Resources – Engineers at this Houston, TX-based oil and gas company are some of the highest paid, and they also enjoy other employee benefits such as weekly breakfasts, quarterly luncheons and monthly onsite espressos.
Average annual base pay: $144, 166
Best Companies Rank : 97
10) Boston Consulting Group – At this Boston-based global management consulting firm, consultants earn a nice paycheck and can also get help for a down payment on a home. The mortgage assistant program is available to all employees, who are eligible to borrow up to 50% of the funds held in their profit sharing retirement fund for the purchase of a primary residence. New hires can receive a loan through the Northern Trust Company of up to $100,000 for a down payment on a home.
Average annual base pay: $141,017
Best Companies Rank : 3
Check Out This Gallery Of The Top Working From Home Companies:
25 Companies That Will Let You Work From Home
1. Working From Home1 of 28
2. About.com2 of 28
3. McKesson Corp.3 of 28
4. Aon4 of 28
5. Xerox5 of 28
6. UnitedHealth Group6 of 28
7. Dell7 of 28
8. Aetna8 of 28
9. American Express9 of 28
10. First Data10 of 28
11. Humana11 of 28
12. Westat12 of 28
13. K1213 of 28
14. ADP14 of 28
15. Overland Solutions15 of 28
16. CyberCoders16 of 28
17. U.S. Department of Transportation17 of 28
18. SAP18 of 28
19. PayJunction19 of 28
20. Connections Academy20 of 28
21. Apple21 of 28
22. IBM22 of 28
23. HD Supply23 of 28
24. Salesforce.com24 of 28
25. Western Governors University25 of 28
26. CACI International26 of 28
27. For More Information27 of 28
28. Rashida Maples, Esq.28 of 28
We’re In The Money: The Top 10 Paying Companies You’ll Want To Work For was originally published on hellobeautiful.com