NEW YORK (AP) — Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke owned 2013 in music.
Nielsen Entertainment announced late Tuesday that Timberlake’s “The 20/20 Experience” was the top-selling album with 2.4 million units sold. Thicke’s ubiquitous “Blurred Lines” was the best-selling song with 6.4 million tracks sold.
Albums sales were down. Only 289.4 million albums were sold in 2013, compared with 316 million a year before. Single tracks also saw a decrease, by 6 percent. Streaming, however, was up 32 percent with 118.1 million streams. The sales figures include data from YouTube, Spotify and other digital outlets. Baauer’s “Harlem Shake” topped the year with 489,674,000 streams.
New releases from Eminem and Luke Bryan rounded out the top three albums. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” and Imagine Dragons’ “Radioactive” placed second and third on the singles list.
Don’t forget Robin Thicke will be performing on the 2014 Fantastic Voyage! Get more details here!
White Artists We Could Have Sworn Were Black
1. Daley is 24 years-old and is on his way to redefining the way R&B/Soul not only looks but sounds and feels.1 of 15
2. Teena Marie's range and classic R&B hits often made people question her ethnicity. (Retna)2 of 15
3. Michael McDonald surprised alot of people when they found out who was singing the hit "I Keep Forgetting."(PrPhotos)3 of 15
4. If you listened to singer Allen Stone's music you wouldn't know he is a blonde, blue-eyed hippie.4 of 15
5. Late Singer Amy Winehouse's soulful, unique voice often had her mistaken for a black, blues singer. (PrPhotos)5 of 15
6. R&B star Robin Thicke's sweet, falsetto is commonly mistaken for a black soul artist.(PrPhotos)6 of 15
7. Superstar Christina Aguilera is often tapped to do tribute's to the greatest black superstars, and kills it.(PrPhotos)7 of 15
8. Hall and Oates, the popular duo had many people believing they were black due to their Philly style of music.8 of 15
9. When Justin Timberlake went solo,lots of people were googling who this new R&B artist was, to find it was him. (Prphotos)9 of 15
10. When soul singer Joss Stone first appeared on the scene, many were surprised to find out she's not black.(Pr)10 of 15
11. It's hard to believe the singer of the soulful "What You Won't Do For Love" Bobby Caldwell is a skinny, white guy.11 of 15
12. Fergie jumped on the scene with Hip-Hop group the Black Eyed Peas and held her own in the R&B genre. (PrPhotos)12 of 15
13. Jojo, the "Leave Get Out" singer was commonly mistaken for a black artist before learning she's white. (PrPhotos)13 of 15
14. Adele tore up the airwaves this past year, often being compared to Soul Legends for her voice. (PrPhotos)14 of 15
15. Phoebe Snow another artist with a lot of soul who most thought was at least part black. (PR)15 of 15