The gorgeous Janelle Monae stepped out in style for the 2013 Soul Train Awards in a black and white look she’s made her signature. But this ensemble had a sexier twist. The Electric Lady sported a look from Alexandre Vaultier and paired it with black and gold Jimmy Choo Fey statement heels. She further accessorized with a silver ear cuff, statement rings and a zebra print clutch. For beauty, the “Video of the Year” winner choose a bold red lip, red and white tipped mani and her signature bouffant. Tres chic!
Janelle always gets it right and I love that she sticks to a theme and works the look around it. She is truly one of a kind. Want to add a piece of Janelle’s coveted black and white to your wardrobe? Here are three great ideas:
Choose a Mango jacket, Topshop pants and a Madewell shirt for this classic black and white ensemble. Accessorize with the same Jimmy Choo Fey heels that Janelle wore, an unexpected ear cuff and a Lanvin black and white animal print clutch. Don’t forget your red lip!
Get your black and white on with this Theory jacket, Steffen Schraut shirt and Mango pants. Accessorize like a pro with Jeffrey Campbell pumps, a $35 (On Sale) reptilian ASOS clutch and a John Lewis cocktail ring. Rock a red mani for added emphasis!
10 Standout Style Tips From Lupita Nyong'o
1. 10 Standout Style Tips From Lupita Nyong'oSource: 1 of 11
2. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 2 of 11
3. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 3 of 11
4. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 4 of 11
5. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 5 of 11
6. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 6 of 11
7. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 7 of 11
8. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 8 of 11
9. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 9 of 11
10. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 10 of 11
11. Lupita Nyong'oSource: 11 of 11
GET THE LOOK: Janelle Monae’s Signature Tomboy Chic Look From The Soul Train Awards was originally published on hellobeautiful.com