While I love the pop colors and manicure mania designs, a little bit of nude is so refreshingly classy and elegant. Designers such as Altuzarra, Rag and Bone, Zac Posen all went nude this spring. The effect was seamless and fingers looked elongated. I reached out to celebrity nail artist, Ajahmure Clovis to dish about the best nude polishes for women of color.
HelloBeautiful: What do you call your craftsmanship?
Ajahmure Clovis: I consider myself a manicurist by trade, but there is an art to doing nails.
HB: Who are some of the celebrities you’ve worked with?
AC: Tamar Braxton, J.R. Smith, Elle Varner, Angela Simmons, Selita Ebanks, singer Olivia from “Love and Hip Hop”. I’ve also worked with a lot of foreign dignitaries: the Prince and Princess of foreign countries.
HB: Out of some of the spring collections what are your favorites?
AC: Soft florals! I am loving the pastels.
HB: What are some manicure beauty tips for our readers?
AC: Olive oil for your cuticles and your hands. Olive oil is something we already have in our cabinets. Even when you’re cooking, you can just pour some on your hands. Olive oil softens the cuticles and strengthens the nails as well. Peroxide is also great for nail discoloration.
We borrowed a few fab team members from #TeamBeautiful, all various shades of brown from carmel to chocolate, for a mid-day mani featuring Cult Nails Laquer Polish. Check it out!
Spring Nail Trend: Nude Nails
1. Spring Nail Trend: 4 Pretty Amazing Nude Polishes For Brown Girls1 of 8
2. Model Becca wearing Cruisin' NudeSource:Mike Jones 2 of 8
3. Model Renee wearing BakerSource:Mike Jones 3 of 8
4. Model Renee wearing BakerSource:Mike Jones 4 of 8
5. Model Ghislaine wearing MazoSource:Mike Jones 5 of 8
6. Model Ghislaine wearing MazoSource:Mike Jones 6 of 8
7. Model Shamika wearing TulumSource:Mike Jones 7 of 8
8. Model Shamika wearing TulumSource:Mike Jones 8 of 8
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style And Beauty Trends
Summer Nail Trend: 4 Pretty Amazing Nude Polishes For Brown Girls was originally published on hellobeautiful.com