Singers & Rappers Turned Actors
20 photos Launch gallery
1. Snoop Dogg has become an enduring fixture on the big screen as well as the small screen,
1 of 20
2. 50 Cent lost up to 54 pounds in order to accurately portray his emaciated character in the film All Things Fall Apart.
2 of 20
3. Mos Def starred in Monster’s Ball, 16 Blocks, The Italian Job,The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy and Be Kind Rewind and more.
3 of 20
4. LL Cool J has been in several movies and co-stars on a popular television series NCIS Los Angeles.
4 of 20
5. T.I. had a supporting role in American Gangster and was one of the lead characters in Takers.
5 of 20
6. DMX has parlayed his rough, rugged, and raw presence in to several movies.
6 of 20
7 of 20
8. Alicia Keys was smokin' hot in the 2006 movie 'Smokin' Aces'
8 of 20
9. Andre 3000 has made numerous guest appearances on television. He scored the lead role in the Jimi Hendrix biopic.
9 of 20
10. Lenny Kravitz and one of the sexiest men alive, made his debut in Precious.
10 of 20
11. Jill Scott made her acting debut in the fourth season of 'Girlfriends'
11 of 20
12. Ludacris was in 2 Fast 2 Furious but got rave reviews for 'Crash'
12 of 20
13. Queen Latifah made her venture into acting with a role in 'Jungle Fever'
13 of 20
14. Ice Cube hit it big with his first major motion picture role in Boyz n the Hood.
14 of 20
15. Eminem turned to acting in the movie 8 Mile which was loosely based on his life.
15 of 20
16. Whitney sissled on the silver screen in 'The Bodyguard'
16 of 20
17. Ice-T found success in Law and Order SVU as Detective Tutuola
17 of 20
18. Jennifer Hudson got an Oscar for her role in Dreamgirls in her very first role.
18 of 20
19. We watched Will Smith grow up on 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air.
19 of 20
20. Beyonce made her acting debut in MTV's 'Hip Hopera: Carmen'
20 of 20