Every year Ne-Yo and the Compound Foundation embark on a trek to enlighten underprivileged children with toys, kind words and encouragement. The tour kicked off at The Boys and Girls Club in Las Vegas and ended in Atlanta on December 20th. 2000 children were gifted with toys, sneakers, clothing, electronics and bicycles at the Atlanta event courtesy of Kids in Distressed Situations, Coca Cola, Creative Recreation, Ubisoft, Cartoon Network, Applebee’s, Lucasfilm Ltd., Together We Rise and Carol’s Daughter, says the official press release.
He was joined by Angela & Vanessa Simmons, St. Louis Rams player Steven Jackson, and NFL Superbowl champion Deon Grant, Founder of Grant D Knowledge Foundation.
“We created The Giving Tour to help uplift the spirits of these children who for many reasons may not be able to experience the holiday,” said Compound Foundation Executive Director Khalilah Abdul-Baqi.
Check out these heart warming photos from the event!
Photo Credit: Chris Mitchell/CME 3000
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities:
RELATED STORIES: Nicki Minaj Brings Thanksgiving To Queens Families
- A Bey In Brooklyn: 13 Incredible Shots Of When The ‘Mrs. Carter World Tour’ Hit Barclays
- 2013 VMA Nominations: Rihanna, Drake & Justin Timberlake Top The List
- 9 Non-Black Celebrities Enraged Over George Zimmerman’s Aquittal
- White Celebrities Raising Black Sons
- The Thirst Is Real: 13 Sexy Photos Of Colin Kaepernick In Action!
- Happy Birthday Bill Cosby: 15 Of The Best Moments From ‘The Cosby Show’