Trayvon Martin’s parents spent the one-year anniversary of his shooting death in New York City’s Union Square attending a ‘Million Hoodie Candlelight Vigil’ along with a crowd of several hundred supporters. Also attending, Jamie Foxx. Foxx told the crowd that Harry Belafonte’s plea for social activism at the Image Awards earlier this month was the catalyst for that commitment. Foxx said he “felt embarrassed” after hearing Belafonte say, “We have so much influence and so much money, but we don’t do anything with it.” Then Foxx surprised the crowd by singing a verse from Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper,” hugged Trayvon’s parents and told them, “We love you.”
- Guess Who: Kids Of Famous Celebrity Parents
- Stars Who Broke Into The Industry After Reality TV
- Fine…But Crazy!
- Funny, Clever & Just Plain Weird Celebrity Male Names
- September 15-21: This Week in Black History
- The National Anthem – Best & Worst Performances
- The 10 Accessories Seen at #NYFW You’ll Want To Buy This Spring