Trayvon Martin’s parents spent the one-year anniversary of his shooting death in New York City’s Union Square attending a ‘Million Hoodie Candlelight Vigil’ along with a crowd of several hundred supporters. Also attending, Jamie Foxx. Foxx told the crowd that Harry Belafonte’s plea for social activism at the Image Awards earlier this month was the catalyst for that commitment. Foxx said he “felt embarrassed” after hearing Belafonte say, “We have so much influence and so much money, but we don’t do anything with it.” Then Foxx surprised the crowd by singing a verse from Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper,” hugged Trayvon’s parents and told them, “We love you.”
- This Week’s Hottest Celebrity Instagrams (12/12-12/19)
- KISS & TELL: Famous Women With Loose Lips
- Celebs Who Rock or Rocked Dreadlocks
- Can You Believe These Stars Are The Same Age?
- Oh Baby! Moms Who Showed Off Their Baby Bumps On Social Media
- 25 Sparkly Heels Perfect For Holiday Parties
- Celebrity Winter Babies!