Trayvon Martin’s parents spent the one-year anniversary of his shooting death in New York City’s Union Square attending a ‘Million Hoodie Candlelight Vigil’ along with a crowd of several hundred supporters. Also attending, Jamie Foxx. Foxx told the crowd that Harry Belafonte’s plea for social activism at the Image Awards earlier this month was the catalyst for that commitment. Foxx said he “felt embarrassed” after hearing Belafonte say, “We have so much influence and so much money, but we don’t do anything with it.” Then Foxx surprised the crowd by singing a verse from Isaiah 54:17, “No weapon formed against you shall prosper,” hugged Trayvon’s parents and told them, “We love you.”
- A Star Studded Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
- Famous Folks Who Got Fired From Their Jobs
- This Week’s Hottest Celebrity Instagram Pics (8/22-8/29)
- The Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion Via Social Media
- September 1-7: This week in Black History
- Porsha Williams Brings Down the House!
- Behind The Jam: 2015 Fantastic Voyage Headliners Revealed!