A disease that primarily affects black Americans, sickle cell disease is caused by a recessive trait in which blood cells are crescent shaped, rather than flat discs. Patients often suffer painful attacks that affect the long bones and the chest and can last from several minutes to days at a time.
- Toast to 'Scandal': 12 Cocktails For the Season Finale
- P&G Everyday- Get Your Brand Saver Coupons Today
- Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
- Story Behind the Death of Malcolm X's Grandson Doesn't Pass the Smell Test
- Mom in NM Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- Famous Folks We Lost to Gun Violence