Let’s get ready to rumble! OK, maybe wrong sport, but the Olympic Games kick off this weekend from London, England. Team USA is traditionally strong in sports like basketball, swimming and track and field, so those sports are generally the most watched. Men’s basketball is expected to win gold, but the shocker will be if the women fall short as they’ve gone gold in every Olympic Games since 1996. Black athletes to watch include two with the nickname “The Flying Squirrel” gymnastic’s Gabby Douglass and wrestling’s Ellis Coleman. This is also the first year women’s boxing is included as a Olympic sport. Go Team USA! Here’s what else is going on this weekend.
- Toast to 'Scandal': 12 Cocktails For the Season Finale
- P&G Everyday- Get Your Brand Saver Coupons Today
- Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion
- Story Behind the Death of Malcolm X's Grandson Doesn't Pass the Smell Test
- Mom in NM Chases Down Child Abductor; Man Arrested
- Famous Folks We Lost to Gun Violence