Establishing a consistent skincare regimen can do wonders for the skin. While each step in a regimen is considered equally important, enough cannot be said about the importance of exfoliation. The process of removing the excess accumulation of dead skin cells from the outer most layer of skin is referred to as superficial peeling or exfoliation. It can be accomplished mechanically (microdermabrasion), manually (scrubs), or chemically (peels).
The many benefits of exfoliation include the following:
1. Improves skin texture, hydration and moisture retention.
2. Increases the rate of cell turnover.
3. Improves elastin and collagen production.
4. Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation issues.
5. May help control conditions such as acne, hyperpigmentation and eczema.
Though the benefits of exfoliation might be convincing, the beauty budget may dictate otherwise. Here are a few scrubs which can be made from the ingredients found right at home.
Go to MischoBeauty to read more.