Most famously known for his time spent in the Dogg Pound, Kurupt, with over 25 years in the business, is probably your rapper’s favorite rapper.
The west coast rapper talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about what to expect and opens up about time spent with some of music’s biggest names.
“It gets pretty in dept with my real life before the stardom and the fame. Everything isn’t always up.”
What advice would he give his younger self?
“Try and put something up. Live the dream of feeling like a baller, but you want to try and put some money up for a rainy day. Whether it’s a little bit or a lot. Trust me, the money is going to go quickly. Utilize some family. There probably is someone in your family that is good with numbers. Someone that you trust. And if you make enough, invest.”
Unsung airs Wednesday, Nov. 23rd at 8 p.m. E. Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
Hip Hop Firsts: 10 Rappers That Made History
1. Kurtis BlowSource:Kurtis Blow Instagram 1 of 10
2. Nicki MinajSource:AP 2 of 10
3. MC HapperSource:PRPhotos.com 3 of 10
4. Lauryn HillSource:AP 4 of 10
5. The SugarHill GangSource:PR 5 of 10
6. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith6 of 10
7. OutkastSource:PRPhotos.com 7 of 10
8. Jay ZSource:AP 8 of 10
9. Three 6 MafiaSource:PR Photos 9 of 10
10. RUN DMCSource:AP 10 of 10
(Photo Source: Courtesy)