rutgersfootballsexassaultnjdotcom

NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. (AP) — A Rutgers University student is alleging in a lawsuit that she was sexually assaulted by two Rutgers football players during her freshman year last fall.

The complaint says Marques Ford and John Bowers sexually assaulted the victim at an on-campus apartment that housed several football players on Nov. 14, 2015. It was filed last week in Middlesex County.

The victim, who was not old enough to legally drink at the time, says she drank too much the night of the assaults and was too incapacitated to give consent.

The lawsuit claims Rutgers was “deliberately indifferent” to her accusations.

Ford and Bowers were suspended from the team Nov. 19, 2015 and have since left the school. Neither responded Tuesday to requests for comment.

Rutgers officials declined to comment on pending litigation.

Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

(Photo Source: NJ.com)

Also On Black America Web:

2 thoughts on “Former Rutgers Football Players Accused Of Sexual Assault

Add Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

×