laurenpodellWhen will folks learn that racial slurs on the job are generally not going to help your long-term employment prospects? Another TV anchor has learned the hard way that despite your personal beliefs, its a good idea to share them in the private white spaces you may be in as opposed to your job or your social media accounts.

Detroit TV news anchor Lauren Podell apparently became tired of the violence in Detroit. Unfortunately for her, she expressed  that view using the N-word.

Rawstory.com reports:

Podell, 31, reportedly used the word in conversation with a co-worker and the news got out around the office this week. She said to a crew member or TV producer, “I’m tired of reporting on these n*****s killing each other in Detroit.”

News of Podell’s resignation was confirmed in a company-wide email that was also released on Twitter by Huffington Post front page editor, Philip Lewis.

The email came from the news station’s Vice President and General Manager, Marla Drutz. It read as follows:
I wanted to let you know that Lauren Podell has resigned from WDIV effective immediately. Lauren asked me to convey the following: “During my time at WDIV I have created many friendships that I will continue to cherish”. If you receive any media inquiries please forward them to Jamie or me. Thanks.
Word of Podell’s statement got around after Sam Riddle, a former chief of staff for former Detroit City Councilwoman Monica Conyers quoted the reporter’s words in a Facebook post.

Riddle expressed his discontent over the matter, and said demonstrations were underway for Thursday morning to protest racism as a “systemic issue” and the news outlet’s “racist cover up.”

Podell also came under fire after dropping an f-bomb on live TV in 2013. She said, “I don’t have [interruptible feedback], I don’t know when we’re going, neither does Jim, I can’t get this f***ing in there!”

PHOTO: WDIA

35 thoughts on “Detroit Anchor Out Of A Job After Racial Slur

1. She should have been fired. I’m tired of seeing crimes period, black, white, yellow with black poka dots, sooooo. They’re all n*****s to me. If you kill someone for no reason you’re stupid and you definitely fit that description.

2. mariannefigueroa on said:

I get Paid over £80 per hour working from home with 2 kids at house. I Never thought I would be able to do it but my best friend earns over £9185 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless.

……..>>>>>> http://www.jobmax6.com

3. please stop on said:

poor peter u mad cause u got passed over for the job by a man of color or woman because u weren’t qualified. poor thang. so u livin in your parents basement eating food from the dollar store while you drunk parents do whatever in the hell druks do to entertain themselves. hahahahaha to bad….go play in traffic..yah mam shoulda swallowed….

4. sylviafletcher on said:

……..>>>>>> http://www.jobmax6.com

• so the BLM chant about killing cops or the man in Dallas who shot the five cops Hilary owns that as well (since she embraced groups and people with that mentality) when Trump gave his VICTORY speech I didn’t see Davide Duke on stage

5. MariAnne Bolton on said:

Don’t blame her. It’s the ALCOHOL, or the DRUGS that takes away everyone’s inhibitions. I don’t care WHO you are. If you indulge, you’re gonna loose you self-control at some point in your life. And NOW that “SATAN” has been elected President, we haven’t seen NOTHING yet.

• MariAnne Bolton on said:

REMEMBER….The White Man has hated the Black man from the day he brought us from Africa. He has just managed to keep his hatred hid away in his basement for the last ___ years. Now “SATAN” (the Pres.-Elect) has given him the ‘OK’ to bring his HATE back out. So as far as SOME White men are concerned, we might be back out in the ‘cotton field’. . .only this time ELECTRONICALLY!!!

• does that include the white men and women who voted for Obama? or are you as clueless as Stacy Dash to think that he won with only minority votes

6. It do not matter how often or clearly white privilege is explained, they will not get it, because they don’t want to. Remember, it’s all in their DNA.

7. Ginny Kane on said:

Black people have been asleep. The election of Trump I hope we wake them up. America let you know you were never supposed to get off the white man’s plantations. It never was in the scheme of things for black people to be nothing but slaves in America.

8. Michael on said:

She knows exactly what she’s doing. This is her audition for a Fox News or a right wing talk show that she can host on XM radio. Besides, this is why Blacks are disrespected by other races of the world. This is how the media portrays us. As a majority, Blacks are law-abiding, tax paying and God fearing people. But people of her ilk (including her bosses) make a living by portraying the dregs of the Black community.

9. My Opinion on said:

So many white folks are delusional, there is no Black privilege in this USA. If there were such a thing so many more black people would be million and billionaires, own major companies, own sports franchises,not be discriminated against, no be killed by or stopped by cops who are suppose to protect and serve not, kill and harass. And President Obama would not have been the first and probably the only Black President. So tell us again about your so-called Black privilege.

• Honeybee on said:

I guess whites do get killed more. Blacks only make up 15% of the population in this country. Why do you think Hip Hop artists are rich? They are rich off white kids not blacks so your point is mute. Blacks get treated unfairly and are profiled. I bet you wouldn’t trade one day of your miserable life with a Black Man. You already know what that one day may entail. So get off your bullshit and come again with some real information to help the issue.

10. ranu902 on said:

This is what white power do. They start this trash about black privilege and white trash and coons are just all over it. Also there is no such thing as white privilege.
    The real word is WHITE POWER

11. People don’t waste your time responding do, or asking questions of trolls. Don’t you realize by now that there ae people that are actually paid to troll websites. I hope they are paid well for their rhetoric

12. Myra Friend on said:

I will never understand why white people come to a black forum and write racial slurs (SMDH). It is the highest level of ignorance. Why don’t they just stay away from black forums if they hate black ppl so much. Anyway, these racist KKK A-holes are coming out from under their rock big time since we have a racist commander in chief.

13. Yea its open season people n professional whites) are sayn what they werent allowed to
    And trump is the engineerof such behavior. Mark my words its not going to b the last.

• Myra Friend on said:

But the difference is this is not the 50s and 60s. We WILL NOT tolerate it. Our movement will not be non-violent and turn the other cheek like our fathers/mothers did.

14. americanize on said:

Doesn,t matter if they r news reporters,r trailer park trash.They r all white supremist.This devils action does not surprise me.

15. Dude, you are delusional. PERIOD. There is no such thing as “black” privilege, especially when your race has been systematically oppressed since the beginning of the USA.

16. Why wasn’t Carmelo anthony kicked out of the nba for wearing a five percenter symbol. The five percenters believe white people are devils. Ohh black privilege at work again. Imagine a white nba player came to a game with a kkk symbol. He would be abolished by the league in a second and his reputation tarnished. black guy does it free pass like always.

• When have the Five Presenter put a noose around some ones neck and watch them hang from a tree just for fun or burned down someone’s house or not let someone rent a house because it is on the wrong side of the track, or get paid less than your co-worker or looked or for promotion because of the color of your skin but you have to train your new supervisor
      Is this the black privilege you speak of?

17. Except if you are black like Bernard Hopkins(I would never lose to a whiteboy) or mike tyson calling a reporter a white b-tch. Any white boxer who made anti-blacks comments would never fight again. Or if you are al sharpton you can make anti-jewish, anti-white slurs(white people lived in caves, white interlopers,) and you are given your own tv show. black privilege is real.