HBO is bringing back Insecure for a second season.
The cable channel announced Monday it has renewed the comedy from Issa Rae along with its Sunday partner Divorce, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Both are expected to return in 2017, with 10-episode orders. That marks a two-episode increase for “Insecure,” which had an original eight-episode order for its first season.
Insecure and Sarah Jessica Parker’s Divorce join the pay cable network’s successful lineup of scripted half-hours, which also includes Veep, Silicon Valley, Ballers, High Maintenance, Vice Principals, the upcoming final season of Girls and the resurrected Curb Your Enthusiasm.
According to THR, ratings for Insecure and Divorce have been on par with Veep and Girls, though not as high as Ballers and Silicon Valley. Latest gross ratings, which combine original HBO telecasts with DVR, encores, on-demand and over-the-top plays, have Divorce earning 4.4 million viewers an episode and Insecure pulling 3.2 million.
10 Black Actresses You Need To Know
1. Amber Stevens WestSource:Amber Stevens West Instagram 1 of 10
2. Aja Naomi KingSource:Aja Naomi King Twitter 2 of 10
3. Alexandra ShippSource:Alexandra Instagram 3 of 10
4. Tessa ThompsonSource:PRPhotos.com 4 of 10
5. Teyonah ParisSource:PRPhotos.com 5 of 10
6. Logan BrowningSource:Logan Browning Instagram 6 of 10
7. Brely EvansSource:Brely Evans 7 of 10
8. Bresha Webb8 of 10
9. Raven Goodwin9 of 10
10. Gugu Mbatha-RawSource:PRPhotos.com 10 of 10