CBS has partnered with LeBron James’ production company SpringHill Entertainment for its latest TV effort “Thankless.”
According to Variety, the series is described as a comedy about a group of ambitious assistants who pursue their dreams at a sports agency in Chicago.
Show writers Craig Gerard and Matt Zinman will serve as executive producers, along with James and his business partner Maverick Carter.
The studio is Warner Bros. Television, where SpringHill Entertainment has a deal. The shingle develops creative content across a wide variety of platforms including digital, documentary and feature films, and scripted and unscripted TV.
The company’s projects include Disney😄’s inspirational series “Becoming,” the Starz’ breakout scripted comedy “Survivor’s Remorse,” Uninterrupted, the multimedia platform for unfiltered athlete content hosted on Turner digital platform Bleacher Report, and CNBC’s “Cleveland Hustles.”
7 Black Women Who Are Killin’ It On Television
1. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty 1 of 7
2. Shonda RhimesSource:Getty 2 of 7
3. Viola DavisSource:Getty 3 of 7
4. Gabrielle UnionSource:Getty 4 of 7
5. Tracee Ellis RossSource:HelloBeautiful 5 of 7
6. Mara Brock AkilSource:Getty 6 of 7
7. Taraji P. HensonSource:Getty 7 of 7
(Photo Source: AP)