A photo posted by Paper Magazine (@papermagazine) on
2016 has turned into the year of TT…Teyana Taylor.
After slaying the VH1 Hip Hop Honors with the most talked about performance, shutting down the internet by starring in Kanye West‘s “Fade” video, and becoming the epitome of post-baby body goals, the singer is well on her way to having an even better 2017. Now, Teyana graces the October issue of PAPER Magazine looking nothing less than a hot MILF.
She opened up to the mag about being a mom to 9-month-old Junie, newfound success, and being able to have it all. On the message of the “Fade” video, Teyana said, “[The video was] a do-or-die moment where I was like, ‘I’m going to dance my fucking heart out.’ I honestly don’t feel like Fade would have had the same effect had I just been 21, hot body, single. It was more than just dancing in a sports bra and a thong.”
She says the fact she’s a working mom like Kim Kardashian is what helped Kanye decide to make her the lead in the video and to include her husband Iman Shumpert. Teyana told the mag, “He was like, ‘It’s so dope because y’all so young and y’all fresh, but then y’all got the baby and the championship.’ I think that gave him the idea of wanting to see us all in the video together.’
The talented star also believes that it’s very possible to have it all, saying, “You can be superwoman. You can have it all, that balance in your relationship, your family and your career. I never had the time to fail, to fall and get back up and try again. People would get up on me, like, ‘You’ve been doing it for seven years now, you might as well give up.’ All you can do is keep shining. You can’t say something and think my legs are going to stop, my voice is going to stop, my hunger is going to stop. I’ll be hurt for five minutes, but I’m going to keep going hard.”
Wise words from a wise woman. PAPER Magazine is on stands now.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Teyana Taylor Covers PAPER Magazine, Opens Up About ‘Fade’ Video + Motherhood