We hear Donald Trump had his eye on coming to the Apollo Theater in Harlem of all places to presumably hold one of his rallies.
Yes, you read that right. A Donald Trump rally at the historic theater. At least that’s what the New York Daily News is reporting. Oh yeah, just to be clear, it’s not gonna happen.
The Daily News story pointed out that “Trump’s team had been reaching out ‘every day,’ but thus far, all he has to show for it are the tears of a clown.”
“They don’t want him there,” says one insider familiar with The Donald’s dealings with the 102-year-old concert hall, which became the Apollo in 1934.
While one source tells us the Apollo has not been returning Trump’s camp’s calls, a second source says the two parties may have talked, but no deal has been announced.
It’s no secret that Donald Trump has been trying to attract black voters, but on the other hand, he’s turned them and other minority groups off in the 16 months since announcing his racially charged candidacy.
In August, he straight up pissed off a lot of potential black voters by saying that life was so bleak in the African-American community that they might as well vote for him. “What the hell have you got to lose?” he asked.
The GOP presidential candidate has pretty much killed any chance of getting the black vote based on his history of running companies that have settled or been penalized over racial discrimination charges in New York and New Jersey. He also spent five years questioning the legitimacy of the nation’s first black President’s birth certificate, before conceding last month that Barack Obama is indeed an American citizen.
Meanwhile, a rep for the Apollo confirms that the theater was indeed approached by Trump’s team.
“We carefully reviewed the request and determined that because of public safety concerns, we did not have the capacity to ensure the safety of our community and could not accommodate the event,” according to the theater’s spokeswoman Nina Flowers.
However, Trump’s team is saying something different.
“We are not aware of any requests being made,” says Trump rep Hope Hicks.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Apollo Theater Reportedly Turns Down Trump Request To Rent Venue