What’s Hot: For the 2016 model year, Infiniti has stretched-out the brand’s entry-level compact crossover, offering more leg room for rear passengers due to its longer wheelbase. Also, the vehicle’s price has been lowered and only two trims are being offered. The automaker is also touting its barely noticeable exterior touch up.
The performance-oriented Infiniti is available in a rear wheel drive or an all-wheel drive configuration and has one of the most powerful engines in the segment. The driver-oriented vehicle offers an engaging driving experience that many of today’s crossovers do not.
The QX50 offers loads of utility space when the rear seats are folded down, as well as the latest comfort and safety features.
What’s Not: The vehicle requires premium fuel and lacks the option of a fuel-efficient 4-cylinder engine. And unlike most of the crossovers that have a higher ride height, the QX50 seems more like a sporty wagon that is disguised like a crossover. In 2017, Infiniti is introducing a vehicle with a higher ride height that shares a platform with the Mercedes-Benz GLA.
Drive Or Drive-By: For those who adored the Japanese styling of Infiniti’s old G-series, they’ll be enamored with the roomier performance-oriented QX50, which basically is off of the same platform. The premium 6-cylinder engine, still offers the same classic styling with loads of optional features available. It’s no wonder why this tight-handling vehicle recently had a record sales month.
Competition: Audi Q3; BMW X1; Buick Encore; Land Rover Discovery Sport; Lexus NX; Mercedes-Benz GLA; and Volvo XC60
Test Vehicle’s MSRP: $43,535 (base model $34,445)
Seating Capacity: 5
Standard Safety Features: airbags; ABS; LED Daytime Running Lights; a stability control system; a rearview camera; a traction control system; and a tire pressure monitoring system
Standard Equipment (Base Model): 18-inch wheels; rear wheel drive; leather seats; power heated front seats; power moonroof; a manual operated tilt/telescopic steering wheel; a dual zone automatic temperature control system; power adjustable heated outside mirrors; and a push button keyless ignition system.
Technology package: a radar-activated cruise control system; an electronic blind spot system; a lane departure warning system; a forward collision braking system; and aluminum brake/gas pedals
A deluxe touring package: 19-inch wheels; a high intensity discharge headlight system; Xenon headlights; an adaptive forward collision braking system; 8 way power passenger front seat; a coat hanger on driver’s seat headrest; and premium interior stitching
Premium package: a 11-speaker Bose with CD/DVD player; an advance climate control system; dual memory system for driver’s seats; entry assist for driver’s seat and steering wheel; a power operated tilt/telescopic steering wheel; and aluminum roof rails
Premium plus package: an Infiniti navigation system; a 7-inch infotainment screen; and an around view monitor
Illuminated kick plates
Other Trim Level: Only One.
Standard Audio On Test Vehicle: a 6-speaker AM/FM/CD with satellite radio
Bluetooth Connectivity: Yes
USB Connectivity: Yes
Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty: 4 years or 60,000 miles
Powertrain Warranty: 6 years or 70,000 miles
Standard Engine/Horsepower: 3.7-liter, 6-cylinder/325-hp
Recommended Fuel: Premium
Standard Fuel Mileage:
Jeff Fortson is an auto analyst and editor of a car-buying website for women and minorities. To learn more about his popular car-buying workshop and/or to price a new-vehicle, drive on over to www.JeffCars.com. Follow him on Twitter/JeffCars.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂