Tiger Woods says he hopes to play next month in the PGA’s Safeway Open in Napa, California, his first competitive golf since August 2015.
The winner of 14 major tournaments, Woods has been recovering from back surgery and missed all four majors for the first time in his pro career.
Woods made the announcement on his website . The Safeway Open is Oct. 13-16.
He says “my rehabilitation is to the point where I’m comfortable making plans, but I still have work to do. Whether I can play depends on my continued progress and recovery. My hope is to have my game ready to go.”
Woods also says he hopes to compete in several other events before the end of the year, including the Turkish Open Nov. 3-6.
Zendaya, Derrick Rose, The Bryants & More At The Kids Sports Choice Awards
1. Kel Mitchell and his wife AsiaSource:PR 1 of 11
2. ZendayaSource:PR 2 of 11
3. Nick CannonSource:PR 3 of 11
4. Russell WilsonSource:PR 4 of 11
5. Michael StrahanSource:PR 5 of 11
6. The BryantsSource:PR 6 of 11
7. Derrick Rose and his son JPSource:PR 7 of 11
8. Derek Fisher and his kidsSource:PR 8 of 11
9. Adrienne, Chris and their oldest son Jackson BoshSource:PR 9 of 11
10. Cam NewtonSource:PR Photos 10 of 11
11. Ayesha and Stephen CurrySource:PR Photos 11 of 11
(Photo Source: AP)