Bishop Eddie Long responded to concerns about his health Tuesday following a video he released last month showing off his alarming weight loss. In the clip, he attributed his weight loss to a new diet, but many didn’t believe him.

“I have gone total raw vegetable, somewhat vegan,” Long said on the video. “Feeling good, thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.”

In the video, posted on Aug. 12, the pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, who once tipped the scales at a robust 239 pounds, explained that he was taking medicine to help boost his immune system.

“I’m on the medicine that God gave you to feed your immune system to build you up,” he said. “You know what, if you really want to move through this world and have influence you gotta be spiritual and you have to walk by His commandments and you have to be healthy.”

Long reassured his followers not to be alarmed by his transformation, as he claimed he was healthier than ever.

bishopeddielong

“I want you to know I’m on zero medication, 120 over 80, I’ve been on blood pressure medication for years,” Long said. He also revealed that he was avoiding a “slave diet” of fast food.

Tuesday the pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church responded to recent concerns he was diagnosed with cancer, some folks even speculated that he may have HIV.

He released a statement saying:

“I am recovering from a health challenge that I trust God to deliver me from. It is unrelated to the eating for life diet consisting of mostly raw vegetables that I am continuing, as part of a holistic approach to good health.”

Bishop Eddie Long has been a controversial figure since four males accused him of having sex with them when they were just teenage boys. Lawsuits were settled in 2011.

35 thoughts on “Bishop Eddie Long Acknowledges ‘Health Challenge’ After Weight Loss

1. I think the Bishop is lying, HE need to ask for forgiveness. We have sinned and falling short of the Glory of GOD. I know people that are Vegans they don’t look like that have in foot in the grave. That’s not the way to go. I love you Bishop Please get it right with GOD. I loves you!!

2. Are there any reports saying Bishop Eddie Long is has HIV/AIDS? Black ppl are so quick to judge, this man could have a serious health issue, regardless of what he has done in the past, he’s still human, ppl be careful of you’re (tongue)!

• C. Grace on said:

Regardless of what he has done, God the only one that judges his wrong, not man…..The tongue is a dangerous weapon and sometimes so dangerous it speaks of hurtful words to anyone….the devils will come and destroy you if u let him, but God, but go’s is the only one can bring him down….So be careful by what you say on one of God’s own.

• Daniel Asamota on said:

Honey put a sock in it! The dude has A.I.D.S. and we ain’t judging him! We’re just using common sense and putting the word out so that people will know that this man is lying and not to fool with him for Atlanta has a big problem with aids already! He doesn’t need to be spreading it for it’s obvious that he’s a very irresponsible type person! He’s gonna’ sit up and lie about how he lost this weight when it’s obvious he’s sick as hell! And I meant it; if he’s having sex with young men still and not taking his medicines and practicing safe sex, we’re reporting him to the police for what he’s doing is unlawful!

3. Daniel Asamota on said:

Dude I hope you’re taking your medicines. Coz’ God is not going to heal you with His Divine Touch! God will forgive you but He’s not going to heal you! I think you’re still messing around with your male lovers! You can’t do that sort of thing and preach the Gospel! You’re gonna have to choose! You can’t have sex with men then get up behind God’s Holy Pulpit! You’re lucky he hasn’t ended your life yet! NO, I’m not judging you! If you’re gonna preach quit sleeping with men. If sleeping with men is that important to you, then you need to step down as a preacher and find another vocation. Set your wife free so she can find a man who truly loves her! But you’re sick and if you’re having sex with anyone you’re spreading this virus to others! Go to a doctor and get your medicines if you want to live! And stop having sex with men and you still want to preach and stay married to your poor wife! Knock it off fool! Or we’re gonna’ get the law involved because if you’re sick and spreading this too others you’re going to jail this time buddy! Aids is already a big enough problem in Atalanta and people like you are not helping!!

4. Linda owens on said:

God in Heaven will prevail and truth always come too the light. …remember the The God in Heaven knows all and nothing goes unseen…. Just remember the God on earth is Satan…. He is a liar, nasty, and he will deceit you…. There is only one Heavenly Father…He is in heaven…. There are many deceivers on earth… Be watchful at all times….

5. When HIV/AIDS first became well-known in the USA, during the early 1980s, it was already too late to save those who had become infected with HIV during the 1960s and 1970s. Even our best current and most expensive treatments do NOT prolong lifespan of those infected with HIV, and our prevention efforts have failed miserably to stop new HIV infections. The average lifespan of those infected with HIV today is about the same as it was when the team of Harvard researchers led by Myron Essex and Matthew Alan Gonda studied “slim disease” in the Congo. “Slim disease” turned out to be HIV-1, the most virulent form of HIV. In their article published in the scientific Journal Nature in the mid-80s, Gonda and Essex estimated the average lifespan after HIV infection at about 12 years, with NO medical treatment or drugs. If you ask the US Centers for Disease Control the average lifespan of someone newly-infected with HIV-1, you will be surprised to learn the answer.

6. I’m amazed at the people on here that are bashing him. Spreading rumors talking bad on others. There are no saints or perfect people in this world. Keep your closet of skeletons locked because you wouldn’t be able to stand the ridicule and hate. God bless you Bishop Long. May God bless you in your heling!

7. Because I am a person with some sin in my life, I refuse to pass judgement on anybody else. Having said that, if the Bishop is going to divulge any personal information to the world at large – just tell the whole truth and nothing but!

• So … are you a fly on the wall in the doctor’s office, the lawyers’ office, the Bishop’s home? If you profess to be a Christian, you should be very careful and remember several things that the Word tells us. Like “Thou shalt not bear false witness…” and to “Judge righteous judgement”, just to name a few.

• When HIV/AIDS first became well-known in the USA, during the early 1980s, it was already too late to save those who had become infected with HIV during the 1960s and 1970s. Even our best current and most expensive treatments do NOT prolong lifespan of those infected with HIV, and our prevention efforts have failed miserably to stop new HIV infections. The average lifespan of those infected with HIV today is about the same as it was when the team of Harvard researchers led by Myron Essex and Matthew Alan Gonda studied “slim disease” in the Congo. “Slim disease” turned out to be HIV-1, the most virulent form of HIV. In their article published in the scientific Journal Nature in the mid-80s, Gonda and Essex estimated the average lifespan after HIV infection at about 12 years, with NO medical treatment or drugs. If you ask the US Centers for Disease Control the average lifespan of someone newly-infected with HIV-1, you will be surprised to learn the answer.

8. mrsnette on said:

For years these pastors have been using religion to control and manipulate congregations. This church, his followers no different than never a of Scientology.

9. C. Grace on said:

God give u the little things to deal with to see if u can handle the BIG things u face in life….I hope and pray for Pastor Long for spiritual healing and God see him through it…..The Long Family are in my prayer.

10. I think it would have been best if he just didn’t respond from the beginning instead of fabricating the truth. Not being judgmental but if you are a man of God why tell a lie. Now I am going to be honest. He has never been one of my favorites. I don’t put much faith in to these BIG TIME so preachers but I do wish him the best. You can be hit with so many obstacles in this life.

11. ResponsibilityInControl on said:

If he is lying he can just use the congregation’s money to settle it – Done now back to “get your bible and wallets out if you will.”

Twisted people in his congregation are seriously in need of some counseling! He molested young men and its ok? He paid them off with church money!

• Society fake Instagram on said:

God don’t call everybody to preach. The devil himself knows the word and can’t Live it. The spirit of God not in Evert church..
      Many false pastors are teaching contrary to what God is speaking.. Some in it for the money and fame..
      Not my place to judge but damn.. He was better off being on the DL till he changed then to be on the pulpit playing games with God people