Ferguson Lives…Young Blacks Continue To Die
Where Do We Go From Here?
What: Hot 104.1 FM and Old School 95.5 FM, stations of Radio One, Inc. will convene a Town Hall Meeting to discuss not only the unrest in Ferguson, but address the impeding violence, socio-economic and law enforcement issues facing African-Americans. The meeting will broadcast live on both stations. It will also be live streamed by Interactive One, Radio One Inc.’s digital company at http://www.newsone.com.
Who: Moderated by Shorty da Prince and Demetrius Johnson of Radio One, members of the media are invited to witness the lively multi-disciplinary panel of national and local speakers:
Music/Entertainment – Murphy Lee (St. Lunatics)
Law Enforcement – Major Robinson STL City Police
Chief Dotson, STL City Police
Politicians – Alderman Lewis Reed, Board President, Aldermen City of St. Louis
Community – James Clark, Better Family Life
Myisa Whitloc, St. Louis RISE
Alice Prince, SLATE
Legal – Anthony Gray, Esq. – Attorney for the Michael Brown Family
Media- Sharon Reed, KMOV TV (CBS affiliate)
When: From 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Media Call: 5:00 p.m.
Open to Public: 5:00 p.m.
Where: Harris Stowe State University
Dr. Henry Givens Jr. Administration Building Main Auditorium
3026 Laclede Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Why: The news from Ferguson has transfixed the nation. Another young black man brutallyand senselessly murdered by law enforcement in our country. Radio One, Inc. through its local affiliates Hot 104.1 FM and Old School 95.5 FM will convene a Town
Hall to address the issues threatening the safety of African-Americans. The focus of discussion will address, where do we go from here and how do we make a moment a movement? A multi-disciplinary national and local panel of speakers will provide inspiration, information and insight followed by voter registration.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: AP)
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25