The National Guard has arrived in Ferguson, Gov. Jay Nixon has lifted the curfew in Ferguson, provocateurs continue to incite violence after dark, Mike Brown’s preliminary autopsy results have been released and tensions with law enforcement officials continue to escalate. Roland Martin and the “NewsOne Now” panel, featuring Rock Newman, Daniella Gibbs Le’ger and Paul Butler, discuss what the next steps should be to quell the violence. Listen to their entire conversation below.
Remembering Mike Brown On His 19th Birthday (May 20, 1996- August 9, 2014)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Mike Brown, just a normal 18-year-old on his way to college
1 of 30
2. Mike Brown playing around with a family member
2 of 30
3. Mike Brown's mother Lesley McFadden and father, Michael Brown, Sr. at a press conference.
3 of 30
4. Lesley McSpadden, Mike Brown's mother and his stepfather, Louis Head, comfort each other after his death.
4 of 30
5. Residents of Ferguson, Missouri create a memorial where Mike Brown was killed.
5 of 30
6. Clergy and residents gather in Ferguson.
6 of 30
7. Police in riot gear watch protesters in Ferguson.
7 of 30
8. Police and protestors come face to face in Ferguson.
8 of 30
9. Riot police on the scene in Ferguson, Missouri.
9 of 30
10. Protesters in Ferguson, Missouri.
10 of 30
11 of 30
12. Peaceful protest in Ferguson, Missouri.
12 of 30
13. Howard University students stand in solidarity with Ferguson, Missouri.
13 of 30
14. National Moment of Silence protest around the country, this one shut down Times Square
14 of 30
15. Missouri Highway Patrol captain Ron Johnson changes the police tone in Ferguson, Missouri.
15 of 30
16. Milwaukee, Wisconsin protestors stand in solidarity with Ferguson, Missouri.
16 of 30
17. Out of the mouths of babes.
17 of 30
18. A candle for peace glows as part of a vigil in St. Louis
18 of 30
19. Teens in Philadelphia observe the NMOS'14. It's all about LOVE.
19 of 30
20. Mike Brown allegedly involved in store confrontation/robbery before his death.
20 of 30
21. Police stats from Ferguson, Missouri.
Source:Mother Jones infographic
21 of 30
22. Protesters vandalize a police vehicle outside of the Ferguson city hall on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.
22 of 30
23. Police officers confront protesters Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.
23 of 30
24 of 30
25. Police shoot pepper spray toward protesters in front of the Ferguson Police Department on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.
25 of 30
26. In this aerial photo,people look at a row of charred cars at a used car dealership, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Dellwood, Mo.
26 of 30
27. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Dallas, TX.
27 of 30
28. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Atlanta, Georgia.
28 of 30
29. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Boston, Massachusetts.
29 of 30
30. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
30 of 30