Everyone’s got a past, and Dianna Williams of Lifetime’s “Bring It” is no different. She’s even using it to help guide her girls!
Miss D will be the first to tell you that she once starred in a number of adult films after she’d graduated from high school in California. She’s been open about why she made the decision at the time, but she’s not exactly proud of that part of her life.
While she hasn’t tried to hide her past, it definitely made her hesitate when Lifetime first approached her about doing “Bring It.” She didn’t want what she’d done years ago to reflect poorly on her students.
“When the opportunity presented itself, for the show, I originally said no because I felt like my past was going to hurt my kids,” she told MadameNoire.com. “There was absolutely no way that I could allow something that I did to hurt somebody else’s child when I’m all about uplifting.”
Talking with the network, her husband and God (she prayed about doing “Bring It” quite a bit), made her feel better about putting the Dancing Dolls on the national stage. She was able to move forward with the show completely unafraid of how the girls might handle news of her days as a porn star because she’s already told them about it.
“The girls know about my past. We’ve talked about it. They know about why I did what I did and why I felt like I needed to–and what I should have done,” Miss D revealed. “I explain to them that I didn’t have the support that system that they have, so they should really take advantage of the opportunity that they have.”
Miss D has also made it a point to insist the girls look to her life as a blueprint of what not to do because she wants them to be better. She shared, “The girls know that my life is something that you should use, and say, ‘If Dianna did this– maybe it’s not the best decision to make.’”
Now that her her time as an adult entertainer, Dianna believes that it is one less thing that her critics can use to bring her down. “People try to utilize things that are negative to try to hurt you,” “For me, that whole situation has been something that I have been dealing with since I made the choice to do it.”
But there’s something else much more powerful that Miss D has shown her girls and “Bring It!” viewers alike, and that’s how to own your past so that you can evolve from it. “Moving from California to Mississippi, was a choice that I made to try to change my life and better myself to do things differently than what I was doing at that particular time.”
You can catch Dianna pushing her girls to dancing greatness, when “Bring It!” airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30