Everyone’s got a past, and Dianna Williams of Lifetime’s “Bring It” is no different. She’s even using it to help guide her girls!
Miss D will be the first to tell you that she once starred in a number of adult films after she’d graduated from high school in California. She’s been open about why she made the decision at the time, but she’s not exactly proud of that part of her life.
While she hasn’t tried to hide her past, it definitely made her hesitate when Lifetime first approached her about doing “Bring It.” She didn’t want what she’d done years ago to reflect poorly on her students.
“When the opportunity presented itself, for the show, I originally said no because I felt like my past was going to hurt my kids,” she told MadameNoire.com. “There was absolutely no way that I could allow something that I did to hurt somebody else’s child when I’m all about uplifting.”
Talking with the network, her husband and God (she prayed about doing “Bring It” quite a bit), made her feel better about putting the Dancing Dolls on the national stage. She was able to move forward with the show completely unafraid of how the girls might handle news of her days as a porn star because she’s already told them about it.
“The girls know about my past. We’ve talked about it. They know about why I did what I did and why I felt like I needed to–and what I should have done,” Miss D revealed. “I explain to them that I didn’t have the support that system that they have, so they should really take advantage of the opportunity that they have.”
Miss D has also made it a point to insist the girls look to her life as a blueprint of what not to do because she wants them to be better. She shared, “The girls know that my life is something that you should use, and say, ‘If Dianna did this– maybe it’s not the best decision to make.’”
Now that her her time as an adult entertainer, Dianna believes that it is one less thing that her critics can use to bring her down. “People try to utilize things that are negative to try to hurt you,” “For me, that whole situation has been something that I have been dealing with since I made the choice to do it.”
But there’s something else much more powerful that Miss D has shown her girls and “Bring It!” viewers alike, and that’s how to own your past so that you can evolve from it. “Moving from California to Mississippi, was a choice that I made to try to change my life and better myself to do things differently than what I was doing at that particular time.”
You can catch Dianna pushing her girls to dancing greatness, when “Bring It!” airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25