Everyone’s got a past, and Dianna Williams of Lifetime’s “Bring It” is no different. She’s even using it to help guide her girls!
Miss D will be the first to tell you that she once starred in a number of adult films after she’d graduated from high school in California. She’s been open about why she made the decision at the time, but she’s not exactly proud of that part of her life.
While she hasn’t tried to hide her past, it definitely made her hesitate when Lifetime first approached her about doing “Bring It.” She didn’t want what she’d done years ago to reflect poorly on her students.
“When the opportunity presented itself, for the show, I originally said no because I felt like my past was going to hurt my kids,” she told MadameNoire.com. “There was absolutely no way that I could allow something that I did to hurt somebody else’s child when I’m all about uplifting.”
Talking with the network, her husband and God (she prayed about doing “Bring It” quite a bit), made her feel better about putting the Dancing Dolls on the national stage. She was able to move forward with the show completely unafraid of how the girls might handle news of her days as a porn star because she’s already told them about it.
“The girls know about my past. We’ve talked about it. They know about why I did what I did and why I felt like I needed to–and what I should have done,” Miss D revealed. “I explain to them that I didn’t have the support that system that they have, so they should really take advantage of the opportunity that they have.”
Miss D has also made it a point to insist the girls look to her life as a blueprint of what not to do because she wants them to be better. She shared, “The girls know that my life is something that you should use, and say, ‘If Dianna did this– maybe it’s not the best decision to make.’”
Now that her her time as an adult entertainer, Dianna believes that it is one less thing that her critics can use to bring her down. “People try to utilize things that are negative to try to hurt you,” “For me, that whole situation has been something that I have been dealing with since I made the choice to do it.”
But there’s something else much more powerful that Miss D has shown her girls and “Bring It!” viewers alike, and that’s how to own your past so that you can evolve from it. “Moving from California to Mississippi, was a choice that I made to try to change my life and better myself to do things differently than what I was doing at that particular time.”
You can catch Dianna pushing her girls to dancing greatness, when “Bring It!” airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST on Lifetime.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31