No one really knows where half of these relationship rules come from, however, they are passed down from generation to generation as the way, the truth and the light of relationship religion. By now , many have heard of the infamous 90 day rule coveted and preached by comedian, daytime television host and author of Act Like a Lady, Think Like A Man Steve Harvey. Many have gone to the extent of trying out this relationship technique to see what type of value it could actually bring to a budding relationship. Like with most things in life, there are pros and cons to this 90 day rule that those who are deciding to take part in this dating strategy should be made aware of. If this process is something that intrigues you, take a look at the following benefits and downfalls of the 90 day rule.
The entire premise of the 90 day rule is for one to withhold sexual activity for a total of three months, ideally promoting the development of intimacy, bonding and respect. Women are primarily the ones who gravitate towards this rule, as it puts them in a place of power and control when it comes to the budding relationship. One of the main benefits of waiting 90 days before engaging in sexual activity is having the ability to make sound choices and decisions when it comes to sex. When first meeting a man that captures her interest, a woman can jump into sexual activity with little thought of how this will have an effect on the relationship down the road, and for some this fact alone is a deciding factor for whether the relationship will have long term value or a “just for the moment” appeal. No woman wants to be viewed as “loose” or easy, so the 90 day rule is appealing in the sense that it can make a woman appear calculated in her approach when it comes to sexual desire and expression.
Another benefit many believe the 90 day rule provides is the promise of commitment at the end of the period. After 90 days, if a man is able to resist his sexual urges for a woman, he will fall in love with her as a whole and not only her sexual ability. This benefit of the 90 day rule hasn’t always proven to be true, but one can dream.
1 2Next page »
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25