I’m also concerned about the racial attitudes of some police officers and I wonder if their culture of bigotry will ever change. Several online police forums give us a sense of the mentality of some who wear badges and carry guns.
Here’s a sample of posts to police sites in reference to the Garner case:
A more accurate headline would be “Non Compliant Fat Bastard Gets Just Due In Resisting Law Enforcement Officers”
offlinepbadad: Yes, they’ll pay off the “family”… It’s a lot cheaper than a riot… And therein lies the problem… The cities of America are held hostage by the strong-arm tactics of the savages
I’m sure labeling black people as “savages” violates some kind of department policy. Miller isn’t a savage; she’s a pregnant wife and mother. Garner was no savage. He was 43-years-old and married with six children.
I don’t know what’s in the hearts of the cops who left Garner in anguish on the sidewalk or the paramedics who ignored protocol by not administering oxygen and not immediately placing him on a stretcher. Garner died en route to the hospital.
No one – not the police or the paramedics – showed any compassion for Garner. Police didn’t believe that Garner was struggling to breathe during his arrest and paramedics failed to treat him properly.
In an awful video, Garner, a diabetic who also suffers from asthma, can be heard complaining repeatedly that he couldn’t breathe while at least four other police officers bring him down.
Meanwhile, after Miller’s chokehold incident, former city councilman Charles Barron called police to complain and “expedite” the Millers’ release, he said.
“This was all over a grill,” Barron told The Daily News. “This is about grilling in front of her house.” New York City Police Commissioner William Bratton has ordered an extensive review of the NYPD’s training procedures after Garner’s death.
“I would anticipate that coming out of this effort that there will be a re-training of every member of the New York City Police Department in the weeks, months and potential years ahead,” Bratton said.
It’s curious – and unacceptable — that New York cops have to be “re-trained” not to use outlawed chokeholds on citizens. Don’t they know right from wrong?
And since chokeholds by New York police officers are prohibited, how are cops being punished for breaking the law when they use chokeholds on unsuspecting citizens?
When I read about police officers referring to black folks as “savages,” I wonder if police specialists can actually “re-train” attitudes.
What do you think?
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
« Previous page 1 2
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25