Well Black Jesus is back, this time without Santa, but causing quite the uproar, even outrage.
Last time Fox News was the culprit behind the Black Jesus controversy.
This time my own parent company is behind it, Adult Swim from the Cartoon Network, which is owned by Turner Broadcasting, which is owned by Time Warner.
Black Jesus a sitcom created by Aaron McGruder who also created the edgy animated series, Boondocks.
McGruder is a genius in the art of subversion.
His N-word Boondocks episode ticked off people in just about any group you could name from, conservatives to liberals to Al Sharpton to Anne Coulter because it parodied just about everyone.
His Boondocks episode about a theater and movie producer slash actor named Winston Jerome which allegedly parodied Tyler Perry also ruffled quite a few feathers, especially Tyler Perry’s.
Why the outcry this time?
In the TV series, Jesus is a wine drinking, weed smoking, black man who lives in Compton, California.
Before the series has even aired, some are calling for a boycott and that it be cancelled.
Some Christian groups are calling it “utter foolishness and blasphemous.”
One of those groups is One Million Moms.
They posted a statement which says the show, “makes a mockery of our Lord.”
Another such group is the House of Prayers for All Nations Ministries in Chicago.
Its Pastor David A. Rodgers released a statement which says, “We the Christian community are vehemently opposed and violently offended at this upcoming program soon to air on your channel called BLACK JESUS.”
The American Family Association, a white Christian group is also calling for a boycott of the show saying, “This kind of programming is insulting and unacceptable.”
Obviously the show is meant to be satirical.
Perhaps we need to explain to some people what the term satire means.
According to the dictionary, satire is the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people’s stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
Topical issues like Jesus or Santa’s whiteness or blackness.
It’s essentially a way of educating people through humor.
Have we really become so polarized and so sensitive that we’ve lost our sense of humor?
Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?
I think he’d probably at least watch the first episode before jumping to conclusions, and let he who is without sin or in this case a sense of humor cast the first stone.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading Heaven Help Us! Don Lemon Takes On The ‘Black Jesus’ Uproar