Bar Louie (pictured) in Minneapolis is causing quite an unwelcomed stir with its stringent dress policy that many have likened to the Jim Crow era, which is allegedly keeping out African-American patrons, according to Fox 9.
According to the bar’s rules, certain articles of clothing cannot be sported on its premises from Thursday to Saturday after 9 pm (pictured).
Michelle Horovitz, a former patron of the white-collar establishment who is up in arms and disgusted about the alleged racial profiling, told Fox 9 News, “It’s the new Jim Crow being enforced in a colorblind way. You might as well say, ‘No Black folks allowed.’ It’s ridiculous….”
Imani Vincent, another local resident, is appalled at the bar’s blatant bias aimed at African Americans and feels the move is just “totally racial profiling.” Vincent goes on to tell the news outlet, “If you do not want African Americans to frequent your establishment, then maybe you should just say that and not just break it down to the dress code,” he contends. The young man then offers a remedy to the bar’s ludicrous dress code, “Hurt ‘em in the pockets! That’s where it would hurt them the most. If they don’t want us there, then we don’t have to be there — and that’s their loss.”
Horovitz, who maintains that her city is fraught with racial bias, said, “Minnesota might be the nicest, healthiest, cleanest state in America, but we have huge issues as far as segregation, racism, systematic oppression — and people want to look the other way,” The young woman goes on to state, “This is not okay, and we’re not going to patronize you if you don’t change your policy.”
Fox 9 tried contacting the establishment’s corporate office for answers to the growing debate but to no avail. Meanwhile, Bar Louie’s management told the news outlet that they are merely carrying out orders dictated by the corporate office.
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.