You can’t be President of the United States and not expect to face some very heated criticism
But the question is, is President Obama taking heat for more than his politics?
Is some of the criticism really about — race? And does it cross the line?
One man, a writer for a New York City paper, tried to make a point about the opposition to the president being based on racism and it backfired.
It backfired because his headline read n-word in the white house, except the paper printed the entire word.
James Lincoln Collier wrote the article for the WestView news.
Again, the article is pro-Obama, but he has gotten a ton of backlash just because of the headline.
If you’ve watched me on CNN or listened to me on the TJMS you know how I feel about this word.
Although I think it’s toxic and it is used gratuitously far too often by far too many people, of all ethnic backgrounds, i do think it should be used if it is pertinent to a news story or the conversation.
Seeing the headline in print didn’t bother me at all.
What bothered me is there was no reference to the headline anywhere in the article explaining why he chose to use the entire word, thus making it look like the word was used just to garner attention.
Also, over the long holiday weekend, there was the Fourth of July float in Nebraska that is drawing controversy.
Some people are saying the float is racist.
Others say its political satire.
The float holds an outhouse with a sign on it reading, ‘Obama Presidential Library.’
There is a figure on the front in overalls that most assume is President Obama.
The float’s creator, Dale Remmick says the figure on the float is actually him and not the President.
Let’s just say his intentions weren’t racist and he didn’t realize the impact until later.
Wouldn’t the best thing to do is take the high road instead of doubling down?
Admit you didn’t realize it and apologize that you have offended a whole lot of people.
Because isn’t being unintentionally racist still racist?
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading “The N-Word In The White House” – Don Lemon Takes On The Man Who Wrote It