ATLANTA (AP) — The husband of a “Real Housewives of Atlanta” star has been sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading guilty to federal fraud charges.
Federal prosecutors said Tuesday that 35-year-old Apollo Nida was also ordered to pay restitution to victims of a $2.3 million scheme during his sentencing hearing in U.S. District Court in Atlanta. Nida is the husband of Phaedra Parks, one of the reality show’s stars. He pleaded guilty May 6 to conspiring to commit mail, wire and bank fraud.
Prosecutors say Nida and co-conspirators since 2009 had stolen checks and used victims’ stolen identities to file fraudulent tax returns and fraudulent claims against the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. Authorities say the group laundered money by opening bank accounts in its victims’ names.
Celebrites Almost Ruined By Reality TV
1. Tiny and TISource:Instagram 1 of 18
2. Hank and Kendra BassettSource:PR 2 of 18
3. Keyshia Cole and Daniel 'Boobie' GibsonSource:Instagram 3 of 18
4. Ice T and CocoSource:PR Photos 4 of 18
5. Jennifer WilliamsSource:PR Photos 5 of 18
6. Kelly Price6 of 18
7. Kenya Moore7 of 18
8. Chad Johnson8 of 18
9. Porsha Williams9 of 18
10. Russell Armstrong10 of 18
11. Lamar Odom11 of 18
12. Jon & Kate Goslin12 of 18
13. Anna Nicole Smith13 of 18
14. Kris Humphries14 of 18
15. Bobby Borwn15 of 18
16. Paula Goodspeed16 of 18
17. Nadya Suleman17 of 18
18. Kanye18 of 18