A woman ended up viciously battered over an alleged rumor she spread about her fellow co-worker.

According to Fox29:

SALEM COUNTY, N.J. – Salem County Police say on Monday, June 30th around 7 p.m., Latia Harris turned herself in to authorities.

The McDonald’s worker is accused of beating 27-year-old Catherine Ferreira in front of her 2-year-old son and bystanders with cameras.

Ferreira told Fox 29 no one helped during the taped beating except her son Xzavion. She says her son repeatedly kicked the suspect, 25- year-old Latia Harris, trying to get her to stop.

As Harris was led into the Salem County jail she did not speak to reporters.

She was a much different woman since we saw her last week.

“We were looking for Ms. Harris over the weekend. I think they were getting really close. I think she had no other option than to turn herself in,” said Salem Police Chief John Pelura.

Police say since the attack Harris spent the last 4 days hiding out in Philadelphia.

“It’s just kind of sickening,” said Kelly McLauglin.

McLaughlin worked with both women at the McDonald’s.

She said the argument between the two started over simple work rumors.

“I think it’s a good thing she turned herself in because if she just kept running it would only make it worse for her in the long run,” said McLauglin.

The disturbing widely viewed video has the small city of Salem in the spotlight.

Many disappointed with the nearly dozen onlookers who refused to step in to help. Prosecutors declined to file any other charges.

“Somebody should have stopped her. Somebody should have called the cops. I feel sorry for the kid to see something like that,” said Salem resident Anthony Stanback.

Harris is being held at the Salem County Correctional Facility in default of $35,000 Full bail. There is a no contact order in effect between Harris and the victim.

The attack was over a comment Ferreria made to friends about Harris and her manager at McDonald’s.

(Photo Source: Fox29)

20 thoughts on “Woman Surrenders After Brutally Beating Co-Worker Over Rumored Relationship

1. Myra on said:

I hope they give her life in prison for what she did to that poor woman in front of her child. And she is smiling like the monster she is. No sense at all. SMDH

2. seriously on said:

Timekeeper…Women have always been this way…You know the first pimp of record in the USA was a women…And they have historically backstabbed other women and the men in their lives fairs no better long-term. But this is what happens when we reward bad behavior i.e bad girls clubs, housewives, rappers etc..

• Timekeeper on said:

True Dat! Seems the worst stuff on T.V, is what some look at the most. When they see these (so called) Diva’s whip each other’s behind on TV they emulate them in real life.

3. seriously on said:

I said it…Aw, I guess that it is probably wise of you not to speak on IQs because you totally missed it and reverted to what you call lower intelligence…Classic, but hey maybe some neonatal vitamins can make you wise.

4. Google pay 97$ per hour my last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is wha­ I do……
    ➜➜➜ W­­­W­­­W.W­­­­O­­R­­­­­­K­­­­­­J­­­­­U­­­­­G­­­­­­­.­­C­­­­O­­­M

5. Timekeeper on said:

Although it is sad that no one tried to help. If someone did ( especially a black man) he would have wound up being the one arrested. Unfortunately, that is the way these things go. I know some will disagree, but when you have to pay that $500 or 1,000 dollars to get bailed out just cause you tried to help somebody you will find out that this can be true.

• I said it. on said:

The only thing these people could do was call 911. If they would have physically intervened, the could have been physically injured, sued by the two involved for an injury, or as you said, faced charges. What I don’t get is why people gather around fights, record them, and provide an audience for fools.

6. seriously on said:

What Black America has done to each other is worse than what white America has done, because atleast you know the why of your enemies…But to destroy and tear down our communities? Sell drugs to men, women and children? And the women…what you do to other black women…You make white America proud they could not have done it any better and you got nobody to blame but each other.

• I said it. on said:

I still say that a lot of people have low I Q’s and are intellectually disabled, but look as if they aren’t. I wouldn’t necessarily say that they represent the whole of a race who aren’t intellectually disabled, nor would I feel guilty about their actions. All upright citizens can do is be upright and incorporate prenatal care into our reproductive process when time.

• seriously on said:

That really do not make any sense your low IQ rant, because most sociopaths have rather high IQs…A lot of folks are environmentally deprived and underdeveloped because of their environments and parenting and prenatal care has nothing to do with that…And what is a upright citizens? The ones who have degrees and rip people off…stealing their life saving and retirement, you know economic lynching…They are just as damning as a common street robber.

• I said it. on said:

Bitter much? I wasn’t speaking about people with degrees, but what’s wrong with having a degree?

An upright citizen is a person who is doing their part to add to society and not suck the life out of it.

I was not speaking of people who are geniuses, nor sociopaths, but I feel like I’m replying to the latter. Good day.

7. Blacks need to establish two types of people in our community, US and THEM. The hard working, decent, know how to act in public US. Really need to get rid of the ignorant, dumb, do not know how to act in public THEM.

• seriously on said:

There is two black America and always have been. These people are not just vicious they are sociopaths and mental defect that black America will just not realized they have….These are more than vicious people they are sociopaths…

And women sociopaths are just as vicious as their male counterparts..Mostly ruled by jealousy and envy and their is no cure neither.

• Timekeeper on said:

So True. Seems like qual Opportunity means women have the right to get as mean and as nasty as they claim some men are

8. Linda on said:

Please put Ms. Harris in jail now and see if she can stand her own ground with the “hard timers.”

She put such a beatdown on the other woman you would’ve thought she was in the ring gettin paid!!!!

So sad, that the little boy had to see such a vicious beating of his mother and that no one who witnessed the fight did anything TO STOP
    IT!!!!!!

Just goes to show what an un-civilized society we are all living in!!!!!