LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sherri Shepherd says she’s leaving ABC’s daytime talk show The View after seven years.
In a statement Thursday, Shepherd says that after “careful consideration” she has decided it’s time to move on. She says she’s looking forward to business opportunities ahead.
“It’s been seven wonderful years on ‘The View’ and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on, ” the statement read. “I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and [executive producer] Bill Geddie for giving me the opportunity,” Shepherd said in a statement. “I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my ‘View’ family and my fans for supporting me on this journey.”
Eurweb.reports Shepherd’s departure is among several rumored changes at The View, including possibly both Geddie and co-host Jenny McCarthy who’s been there a year, both out the door.
According to a person familiar with the situation, Shepherd was negotiating a new contract, and she and ABC failed to reach an agreement.
The person wasn’t authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
This continues a run of bad luck for Shepherd. She is currently embroiled in personal drama with both her current and ex-husband. Her estranged husband, Lamar Sally, has filed for legal separation and is contesting custody of their unborn child via a surrogate, due later this year. Shepherd has subsequently filed for divorce, citing “irreconcilable differences.”
Her ex-husband, Jeff Tarpley, who is her 9-year-old son’s father, alleges Shepherd is an “unfit” mother and is suing her for custody modification. They are due in court on July 21.
A request for comment from the series’ network spokeswoman, Lauri Hogan, was not immediately returned.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Celebs Way Hotter Than Their Partners
26 photos Launch gallery
1. Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade - Sorry, D-Wade but Gabby is Hotter!
1 of 26
2. Charlize Theron & Sean Penn - No brainer . . . Charlize is Hotter!
2 of 26
3. Alicia Keys & Swizz Beatz - Alicia is Way Hotter!
3 of 26
4. Kevin Hart & girlfriend Aiko - Kevin is cute but Aiko is Hot!
4 of 26
5. Chris and Adrienne Bosh - Adrienne is gorgeous!
5 of 26
6. Tony Goldwyn & wife Jane Michelle Musky. Tony is Hotter!
6 of 26
7. Beyonce & Jay-Z - Beyonce is Way Hotter!
7 of 26
8. Michael Strahan & Nicole Murphy - Hands Down - Nicole is Hotter!
8 of 26
9. A$AP Rocky and Chanel Iman - Iman is totally Hotter!
9 of 26
10. Cassie & Sean 'Diddy' Combs - Cassie way hotter!
10 of 26
11. Usher & girlfriend Grace Miguel - Usher is Hotter!
11 of 26
12. Jesse Williams & wife Aryn Drake-Lee - She is really cute but he is really HOT!
12 of 26
13. Eddie Cibrian & LeAnn Rimes - Eddie is too hot for LeAnn
13 of 26
14. LeBron James & wife Savannah - He may be King James on the Court, but she is way Hotter!
14 of 26
15. Idris Elba and Naiyana Garth - Nai is cute but Idris is HOT!
15 of 26
16. Deion Sanders & Tracey Edmonds - Tracey is Hotter
16 of 26
17. T.I. and Tiny Cottle - T.I. is way hotter!
17 of 26
18. Clive Owen & wife Sarah Jane Fenton - Clive is Hotter!
18 of 26
19. Spike Lee & Tonya Lewis - Tonya . . . Hotter
19 of 26
20. Ciara & Future - Hands down, Ciara is Way Hotter
20 of 26
21. David Bowie & Iman - Iman is way Hotter!
21 of 26
22. Angela Bassett & Courtney B. Vance - Angela is Hotter!
22 of 26
23. Laurence Fishburne & Gina Torres - Gina is really Hot
23 of 26
24. Kanye West & Kim Kardashian - Sorry, Kanye but Kimmy is Hotter
24 of 26
25. Hugh Jackman & Wife Deborah Lee Furness - Hugh is Hotter!
25 of 26
26. Forest Whitaker & Keisha Nash Whitaker - Keisha is Hotter!
26 of 26