A figurine of a smiling President Barack Obama was spotted in a men’s urinal at the GOP’s Faith & Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority Conference on Friday.
The Huffington Post’s Igor Bobic, who was attending the conference at the Omni Shoreman Hotel in Washington D.C., spotted the figurine and shared it on social media.
Clearly someone forgot to ask: “What would Jesus do?”
Representatives from the Faith & Freedom Coalition denied placing the figuring in the urinal, telling MSNBC, “We doubt this was done by any of our attendees, we strongly condemn these actions. No matter how anyone may feel about the president’s policies, the man and the office deserves to be treated with respect. We are outraged by this disgusting act.”
Read more from MSNBC:
The pro-family, conservative Christian group was established by Ralph Reed, former senior adviser for the George W. Bush and Dick Cheney campaigns.
The three-day gathering began Thursday and draws followers from the social conservative wing of the Republican Party and potential presidential candidates. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, one of the potential Republicans in the 2016 race, addressed the crowd Friday about overcoming drug addiction and expanding the definitions of abortion and education. Other speakers included Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, as well as former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, and newly-elected House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
The conservative leaders also used the event to harshly criticize President Obama on various issues.
As outrageously disrespectful as the Obama figurine may be, this is not the first time that the face of a United States president has been used as a urinal.
As previously reported, San Francisco sculptor Clark Sorensen created a fully functioning urinal in the likeness of former President George W. Bush as part of a larger exhibit titled, “DOWN THE DRAIN” -THE LEGACY OF GEORGE W. BUSH.“
Sorensen says he intent was to be both critical and humorous:
I am grateful everyday that I live in a country where we can still express our opinions, even if they are critical of our culture or our leaders. This series expresses my take on the lasting legacy of George W. Bush. I feel that so many things are going down the drain as a direct result of the policies made over the last eight years. The urinal seemed like the perfect metaphor. My aim was to use humor and an object we are all familiar with to poke fun at Bush and at the same time say something critical about his legacy. I completely own up to the harshness and irreverence of this show – sometimes it is appropriate to be inappropriate.
By the way, no one was lied to, maimed, killed, overthrown, tortured, falsely imprisoned or bankrupted in the creating of this art.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25