A figurine of a smiling President Barack Obama was spotted in a men’s urinal at the GOP’s Faith & Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority Conference on Friday.
The Huffington Post’s Igor Bobic, who was attending the conference at the Omni Shoreman Hotel in Washington D.C., spotted the figurine and shared it on social media.
Clearly someone forgot to ask: “What would Jesus do?”
Representatives from the Faith & Freedom Coalition denied placing the figuring in the urinal, telling MSNBC, “We doubt this was done by any of our attendees, we strongly condemn these actions. No matter how anyone may feel about the president’s policies, the man and the office deserves to be treated with respect. We are outraged by this disgusting act.”
Read more from MSNBC:
The pro-family, conservative Christian group was established by Ralph Reed, former senior adviser for the George W. Bush and Dick Cheney campaigns.
The three-day gathering began Thursday and draws followers from the social conservative wing of the Republican Party and potential presidential candidates. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, one of the potential Republicans in the 2016 race, addressed the crowd Friday about overcoming drug addiction and expanding the definitions of abortion and education. Other speakers included Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, as well as former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, and newly-elected House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
The conservative leaders also used the event to harshly criticize President Obama on various issues.
As outrageously disrespectful as the Obama figurine may be, this is not the first time that the face of a United States president has been used as a urinal.
As previously reported, San Francisco sculptor Clark Sorensen created a fully functioning urinal in the likeness of former President George W. Bush as part of a larger exhibit titled, “DOWN THE DRAIN” -THE LEGACY OF GEORGE W. BUSH.“
Sorensen says he intent was to be both critical and humorous:
I am grateful everyday that I live in a country where we can still express our opinions, even if they are critical of our culture or our leaders. This series expresses my take on the lasting legacy of George W. Bush. I feel that so many things are going down the drain as a direct result of the policies made over the last eight years. The urinal seemed like the perfect metaphor. My aim was to use humor and an object we are all familiar with to poke fun at Bush and at the same time say something critical about his legacy. I completely own up to the harshness and irreverence of this show – sometimes it is appropriate to be inappropriate.
By the way, no one was lied to, maimed, killed, overthrown, tortured, falsely imprisoned or bankrupted in the creating of this art.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (10/15-10/21)
31 photos Launch gallery
1. Just a NY girl with BIG dreams....
1 of 31
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
3 of 31
4. Glam on point!!!@makeupbymotoko & @shaylinjoneshair #easybreezy @lifetimetv #beachesmovie #january2017 😘
4 of 31
5. ✨True love ✨📸: @jessiemarrerophotography
5 of 31
6 of 31
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
19 of 31
20. #She💋 #tbt #TheCoveAtTheAtlantis #DawgPawsAndAll
20 of 31
21. Bae #retailtherapy
21 of 31
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31