A figurine of a smiling President Barack Obama was spotted in a men’s urinal at the GOP’s Faith & Freedom Coalition’s Road to Majority Conference on Friday.
The Huffington Post’s Igor Bobic, who was attending the conference at the Omni Shoreman Hotel in Washington D.C., spotted the figurine and shared it on social media.
Clearly someone forgot to ask: “What would Jesus do?”
Representatives from the Faith & Freedom Coalition denied placing the figuring in the urinal, telling MSNBC, “We doubt this was done by any of our attendees, we strongly condemn these actions. No matter how anyone may feel about the president’s policies, the man and the office deserves to be treated with respect. We are outraged by this disgusting act.”
Read more from MSNBC:
The pro-family, conservative Christian group was established by Ralph Reed, former senior adviser for the George W. Bush and Dick Cheney campaigns.
The three-day gathering began Thursday and draws followers from the social conservative wing of the Republican Party and potential presidential candidates. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, one of the potential Republicans in the 2016 race, addressed the crowd Friday about overcoming drug addiction and expanding the definitions of abortion and education. Other speakers included Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida, Ted Cruz of Texas, and Rand Paul of Kentucky, as well as former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, Rep. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania, and newly-elected House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
The conservative leaders also used the event to harshly criticize President Obama on various issues.
As outrageously disrespectful as the Obama figurine may be, this is not the first time that the face of a United States president has been used as a urinal.
As previously reported, San Francisco sculptor Clark Sorensen created a fully functioning urinal in the likeness of former President George W. Bush as part of a larger exhibit titled, “DOWN THE DRAIN” -THE LEGACY OF GEORGE W. BUSH.“
Sorensen says he intent was to be both critical and humorous:
I am grateful everyday that I live in a country where we can still express our opinions, even if they are critical of our culture or our leaders. This series expresses my take on the lasting legacy of George W. Bush. I feel that so many things are going down the drain as a direct result of the policies made over the last eight years. The urinal seemed like the perfect metaphor. My aim was to use humor and an object we are all familiar with to poke fun at Bush and at the same time say something critical about his legacy. I completely own up to the harshness and irreverence of this show – sometimes it is appropriate to be inappropriate.
By the way, no one was lied to, maimed, killed, overthrown, tortured, falsely imprisoned or bankrupted in the creating of this art.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30