The two one-time political rivals are being compared to each other again as Hillary Clinton likely embarks on yet another presidential run.
Since their tumultuous campaign rivalry the two have become friendly.
In one of his first big cabinet moves President Obama called on Clinton to be his secretary of state.
But in order to win this time Hillary Clinton is probably going to have to distance herself from her former rival and former boss, the President.
A new CNN/ORC poll show President Obama’s approval ratings well below 50 percent on all major issues from terrorism to immigration to helping the middle class to health care policy to the economy- all below 50 percent.
His lowest approval, handling the federal budget deficit, is just 31 percent.
However, Hillary Clinton’s approval ratings are above 50 percent on all major issues like foreign policy -63 percent, the environment – 65 percent, and handling the economy – 63 percent.
None of this means Hillary Clinton is a shoo-in for the white house.
What it does mean is that Hillary Clinton has a very tough decision to make, the same decision Al Gore had to make back in 2000.
Al Gore and obviously his campaign advisors decided to downplay his relationship with incumbent Bill Clinton, who was a troubled but still very popular president.
Hillary Clinton has to decide just how much she has to criticize, downplay her relationship with him or just plain old ignore President Obama and her ties to him.
Like President Clinton, President Obama may not have the public’s approval but he is still very popular and many people like him even though they don’t approve of his policies.
The popular consensus is that by giving Bill Clinton shade back in 2000, Al Gore lost broader support from Democrats and others who liked Clinton, and in turn that partially contributed to him losing to George W. Bush.
Why? Because those Clinton backers were not motivated to go to the polls.
You can better believe one of the major questions facing Hillary Clinton and her advisors right now is, do we really want to run against Barack Obama again?
And ladies and gentlemen that’s really hard choices, not just the name of a book.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading Does Hillary Clinton Really Want To Run Against Barack Obama Again?