Clinton versus Obama, so six years ago right?
The two one-time political rivals are being compared to each other again as Hillary Clinton likely embarks on yet another presidential run.
Since their tumultuous campaign rivalry the two have become friendly.
In one of his first big cabinet moves President Obama called on Clinton to be his secretary of state.
But in order to win this time Hillary Clinton is probably going to have to distance herself from her former rival and former boss, the President.
A new CNN/ORC poll show President Obama’s approval ratings well below 50 percent on all major issues from terrorism to immigration to helping the middle class to health care policy to the economy- all below 50 percent.
His lowest approval, handling the federal budget deficit, is just 31 percent.
However, Hillary Clinton’s approval ratings are above 50 percent on all major issues like foreign policy -63 percent, the environment – 65 percent, and handling the economy – 63 percent.
None of this means Hillary Clinton is a shoo-in for the white house.
What it does mean is that Hillary Clinton has a very tough decision to make, the same decision Al Gore had to make back in 2000.
Al Gore and obviously his campaign advisors decided to downplay his relationship with incumbent Bill Clinton, who was a troubled but still very popular president.
Hillary Clinton has to decide just how much she has to criticize, downplay her relationship with him or just plain old ignore President Obama and her ties to him.
Like President Clinton, President Obama may not have the public’s approval but he is still very popular and many people like him even though they don’t approve of his policies.
The popular consensus is that by giving Bill Clinton shade back in 2000, Al Gore lost broader support from Democrats and others who liked Clinton, and in turn that partially contributed to him losing to George W. Bush.
Why? Because those Clinton backers were not motivated to go to the polls.
You can better believe one of the major questions facing Hillary Clinton and her advisors right now is, do we really want to run against Barack Obama again?
And ladies and gentlemen that’s really hard choices, not just the name of a book.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25