MIAMI (AP) — Prosecutors in Miami have decided not to file charges against San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players in an incident involving a woman at a downtown hotel.

A memo released Thursday by the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office said there was insufficient evidence that any crime was committed in the hotel room in April. Tests indicated the woman was not sexually assaulted and other evidence backed up the players’ contention that nothing happened.

Kaepernick consistently denied any wrongdoing. Earlier this month the 49ers gave the 26-year-old a $126 million, six-year contract extension that will keep him in San Francisco through 2020.

The other players in the room that night were 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton, and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette.

Like on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

(Photo: AP)

One thought on “No Charges in Fla. for Kaepernick, 2 Other Players

  1. I said it. on said:

    No apologies from, or repercussions for the accuser will be forthcoming. All of the bigots and man haters will not eat their words that the spewed against these guys. The beat goes on.

Add Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s