Aside from questions about sexual technique and sexual health, some of the most common questions that I receive from men are about dating. Approaching a woman of interest is one of the most intimidating things for any man to do because it shifts the power for a moment into the court of the woman. She has the power to inflate an ego by saying yes to a proposal for dinner, or to deflate an ego by declining. Many of the men who approach me for advice have gotten to the point where asking a woman for something as simple as having coffee is a huge deal, but there is no need to worry if these five common tips are taken into consideration when planning a first date.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
1. First impression is everything.
From the moment a man approaches a woman, whether it is in person or via the Internet, a woman is absorbing information about him and evaluating everything that he does. Consciously and unconsciously, a woman is sizing a man up to determine if he has the potential to be a fitting mate or if he is simply a throw away to use as a moment of fun. As the old saying goes, the first impression is a lasting impression, so make sure that your best face is put forward. However, this is not a time to act grandiose because whatever fabrications are put forth for appeal will all unravel as time goes forward in the developing relationship. Be confident, be cool but most importantly be YOU. Being respectful and courteous will go a long way, especially in your initial approach. The first impression will be the one that determines if you will have a second date or if you will be back on the search for a new interest.
2. Don’t talk about sex.
When two people who are attracted to each other agree to get together, it is an unspoken understanding that sex has crossed the minds of each individual, but the first date (or the days leading up to it) is not the best time to talk about sex. If a long, meaningful relationship is what you seek, sex should be something that is discussed when both parties are comfortable with each other and have some type of understanding of what each person wants as far as the type of relationship is concerned. No woman wants to feel like she is only being pursued for sex, so keeping the conversation light and casual about her interests, career, goals and experiences is the best way to go. Try going for topics that are open ended and allow both of you to engage in conversation that can be reciprocal. Once she feels comfortable and the attraction is high, the sex will follow when she is ready.
Women love to know they are the center of attention while on a date, so when planning for the perfect place to take her, reduce the risk of getting it wrong by asking her what her interests are. What are her dietary preferences? What restaurants are her favorites? What types of activities does she like to do for fun? All of these questions will help with planning out the perfect date and will also give a sneak peek into her personality and background. When you cater to her interests it shows her that you aren’t just into this date for yourself, but for her as well.
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30
Continue reading 5 Things Every Man Should Consider When Planning A First Date