A brawl broke out at a kindergarten graduation ceremony in Cincinnati Monday morning that ended up with the Springfield Township school being locked down.
The brawl took place at Mt. Healthy North Elementary School’s cafeteria where the parents and friends gathered for punch and cookies to celebrate the graduation of 150 kindergarteners. Allegedly, the fighting began when Raymond Walker, 33, approached Dominique Garrett, the boyfriend of his child’s mother, and punched him. Police have charged Walker with assault and inducing panic for allegedly starting the melee, according to WCPO.
Before long, there was pushing, shoving, and, eventually, fists flying. There were about 20 people involved in the fighting, according to witnesses. No injuries were reported.
Lori Handler, Mt. Healthy Schools’ Superintendent, had to lock-down the school so that no other visitor who wandered into the building became involved in the violence. “It was a beautiful ceremony, with grandparents, parents, the five-year-olds … then out of the blue, the man hit another man in the face. I was absolutely shocked.”
She added that the fight was mainly between Walker and Garrett, and wasn’t an all-out fight involving multiple people. Springfield Police Sergeant Scott Hughes, however, disagreed. “This was more than just a couple people fighting,” he said.
Kim Calai, a parent whose child took part in the graduation, is still reeling from all that took place. “I’m standing there, and all of a sudden, this rush of people throwing punches is coming at me … To have something like that happen at a graduation is pretty pathetic,” she said.
Walker left the scene before the cops arrived, but the school district intends on prosecuting those responsible for the fracas.
“We are sending a strong message that you cannot act that way around five-year-old children,” Handler said.
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25
Continue reading Brawl Breaks Out At Ohio Kindergarten Graduation