The family of an 11 year old Houston girl is anxious to bring their loved one home.
Kayla Miles went missing on Monday morning. Police asked for the public’s help in finding her on Wednesday.
The girl’s mother says her intuition tells her that her daughter is being held against her will.
She is especially concerned because her daughter is bipolar and without her medication.
“She had to meet somebody for us to not see a trace of her on no streets,” said mother Natasha Miles. “Any momma that has a child missing knows this is a not a feeling that you would want to feel.”
Texas Equusearch staged at the YWCA at Martin Luther King and Yellowstone all day on Wednesday. However, a search never got started, partly because the organization only received one tip.
“I’m concerned that there hasn’t been any tips coming into us,” said Frank Black with Equusearch. “This is not normal.”
Frank Blank says Equusearch will be staging again on Thursday if the detective working the case comes through with more information.
Houston Police have released limited details connected to the case.
Family members told police that Miles was last seen at a home in the 5300 block of Chennault Road. However, a woman who lives at that address told KHOU she doesn’t even know Miles.
“I have no knowledge of Kayla. I have not seen her,” said Yvette Washington.
Yvette Washington says an officer stopped by her home two days ago to ask questions. She believes someone either accidently gave authorities the wrong address or isn’t being truthful.
“They need to take care of their children. They need to keep a close account of their children,” added Washington.
Kayla is 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds.
She was wearing a peach shirt, purple Capri and brown flip flops. She was also carrying a purple backpack.
The girl’s parents say their daughter looks much older than she is, does not have a phone and has not called her family.
If you have any information please call HPD Missing Person at 713-731-5335.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
(Photo Source: Twitter)
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25