Former radio shock jock. Current daytime talk show host. And now Wendy Williams can add another title to her resume with her one night only debut as a standup comedienne.
Media sources report that Williams will headline a 70 minute standup show at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas on July 11. The event, part of the hotel’s “Lipshtick: The Perfect Shade of Stand Up” series.
In addition to Williams, the series will feature real comediennes such as Loni Love, Caroline Rhea, Lisa Lampinelli, Joy Behar, Susan Essman, Jen Kirkman, Natasha Leggero, Wendy Liebman, Jennifer Coolidge, Heather McDonald, Rita Rudner, Iliza Schlesinger and Whitney Cummings.
Despite hosting the weekly Wednesday night “Wendy Williams Comedy Experience” at New York’s The Laugh Factory several years ago, Williams has never performed stand-up comedy. Last week, the 49-year-old daytime personality revealed that she had already began “working on jokes” for her comedy debut. In addition, Williams shared some advice she received from Behar, which included her desire to have the theater cold and the patrons “liquored up” before her show.
'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams
1. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.1 of 9
2. TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.2 of 9
3. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.3 of 9
4. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.4 of 9
5. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.5 of 9
6. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.6 of 9
7. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.7 of 9
8. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.8 of 9
9. 'TJMS' Visits Wendy Williams.9 of 9
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)