A couple of years after shooting Think Like a Man, the cast got back together to shoot a sequel last summer to the popular film.
And Michael Ealy says in the interim, a lot of changes took place.
Ealy dished to BET.com on bonding with his castmates, the growing popularity of the TLAM franchise and other projects.
Ealy starred on the now cancelled Fox show, Almost Human, got married and started his own family. He and wife Khatira Rafiqzada had a son Elijah in 2012.
His co-stars also grew since the filming of the first film. Terrence J is becoming the next big entertainment reporter and media personality; Kevin Hart transcended into mega superstar comedian and actor; Gabrielle Union is marrying Dwayne Wade and scored a hit BET show, Being Mary Jane.
But through all their many changes over the years, the cast remained close friends.
“We are a tight knit crew, but we’re like family,” Ealy says. “And you don’t have to see your family all the time. But all the same, whenever we see each other, it’s like nothing changes. I can’t say that we’re hanging out at clubs on the weekly…that’s not happening. We got lives of our own, families and such. But the work brings us together often, and that’s okay.”
This only makes sense since none of the cast were overnight successes and could relate to each other. But they are all big today — after much hard work in Hollywood.
“It’s kind of a forgotten truth. It takes time to make it in this business and to succeed at that level. It’s a slow burn,” he said. “In this world of reality TV, everybody expects to become a star overnight. Everybody that’s in this crew, we’ve all been plugging away since the late ’90s. Now it’s starting to catch on. “
Through all their success and remaining friends since shooting the first film, Ealy made it clear they support each other and will continue to do such.
“The beautiful thing is, whenever somebody from the crew has something going on, everybody is there to support. If Kev has a comedy special, we’re all tweeting about it, when Gabrielle’s show ‘Being Mary Jane’ came on, we were all watching,” he said. “We’ve been more supportive of each other in the last couple of years since doing ‘Think Like a Man.’ I’m happy about that.”
Think Like a Man Too opens up Friday, June 20, 2014.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Guilty Pleasures - Celebrity Confessions
45 photos Launch gallery
1. In an April 2012 interview, Zoe Saldana said, "I like missionary and I like being on my knees too. And I love being on top. . . . I love doggy style or standing up."
1 of 45
2. Keri Hilson said 'hands down, it's got to be chocolate'
2 of 45
3. Ciara confesses that her secret pleasure is watching 'America's Next Top Model'
3 of 45
4. Gabrielle Union confesses that she loves Taco Bell!
4 of 45
5. Beyonce is a proud Popeyes chicken fanatic.
Source:Beyonce Facebook Page
5 of 45
6. Tatyana Ali confesses she loves bread pudding with chocolate and one night stands. Okay, she grown!
Source:Tatyana Ali Instagram
6 of 45
7. Taraji P. Henson says she exercises so she can eat whatever she's feelin' and there's a long list: Cheesecake, Oreos, Cheetos, Crispy Creme Donuts, Mac & Cheese, Red Velvet Cake, Gummy Bears, peach cobbler ala mode and fully loaded baked potato. Taraji, We LOVE You!
7 of 45
8. Bobby Brown confesses he loves chocolate and fried chicken.
8 of 45
9. Lala Anthony loves chocolate and Keeping Up with The Kardashians!
9 of 45
10. Alicia Keys admits bread is her guilty pleasure (at least with some butter?)
10 of 45
11. Sherri Shepherd loves the TV shows Revenge and Boardwalk Empire, M&M's, and scallops wrapped in bacon.
11 of 45
12. President Barack Obama likes Roscoe's Chicken n' Waffles so much the restaurant renamed "The Country Boy" in his honor.
12 of 45
13. Janet Jackson's guilty pleasure is caramel apples.
13 of 45
14. Sanaa Lathan says her guilty pleasure is jumping on a mini trampoline each day. Girl, no reason to feel guilty about that!
14 of 45
15. Lil Wayne's guilty pleasure turned into a passion . . . skateboarding.
15 of 45
16. Stevie Wonder said his guilty pleasure is surely anything sweet, however, he is trying to have a healthier lifestyle so tryin' to give them up.
16 of 45
17. Oprah Winfrey admits that her current guily pleasure is Fifty Shades of Grey
17 of 45
18. Rickey Smiley loves mini Reeses Cups & mini Snickers and mini Mountain Dews (straight from the fridge).
18 of 45
19. Porsha Williams admits she loves the ID channel. This explains where she got her moves during the fight!
19 of 45
20. Willow Smith loves Tyler the Creator!
20 of 45
21. Arsenio Hall says his guilty pleasure is any show that begins with the word Reality. Loves them all.
21 of 45
22. Octavia Spencer says she loves salty snacks such as popcorn and for her guilty pleasure entree . . . that would be meatloaf.
22 of 45
23. Tyrese confesses his guilty pleasure is a Twix bar before bed.
23 of 45
24. Anthony Anderson said his guilty pleasure is chocolate covered cherries.
24 of 45
25. Naya Rivera - confesses she loves reality television.
25 of 45
26. Nick Cannon admits he loves Kung-Fu movies.
26 of 45
27. Michael Ealy confesses his guilty pleasure is watching 'Ice Loves Coco'
27 of 45
28. Ludacris says his guilty pleasure is his iPhone & playing Words with Friends.
28 of 45
29. Kelly Rowland says currently her guilty pleasure is the reality show 'The Braxtons'.
29 of 45
30. Nicole Richie & Joel Madden share a guily pleasure . . . Johnny Rockets.
30 of 45
31. Paula Abdul loves the show Duck Dynasty!
31 of 45
32. Jordin Sparks loves toffee and can eat a whole bag.
32 of 45
33. Chris Noth says his guilty pleasure is Wine! Hey, mine too.
33 of 45
34. Mariah Carey loves pizza.
34 of 45
35. Rihanna loves microwave buttered popcorn and Jamaican food.
35 of 45
36. Sofia Vergara can't get enough of her sweet sugary lollipops. I can't read this without using her accent!
36 of 45
37. Tristan Wilds says he loves cartoons especially Family Guy and the Boondocks.
37 of 45
38. Nicole Scherzinger loves to indulge in heavy Hawaiian food.
38 of 45
39. Oprah loves Grey's Anatomy. She watched the entire 1st season one Saturday.
39 of 45
40. Heidi Klum has a weakness for junk food! Especially french fries.
40 of 45
41. Kim Kardashian craves her Pinkberry yogurt and botox (just kidding about the botox).
Source:Kim Kardashian Instagram
41 of 45
42. Holly Robinson Peete's guilty pleasure is an entire day at the spa!
42 of 45
43. Kevin Hart loves all the Housewives shows.
43 of 45
44. Brandy confesses that Krispy Creme Donuts and Love & Hip Hop are her guilty pleasures.
44 of 45
45. First Lady Michelle Obama says that she likes to click through design & food shows.
45 of 45