Less than a year after scoring his first No. 1 album ever with “Blurred Lines,” Robin Thicke will follow it up with a new album due July 1 through Star Trak/Interscope Records.
Thicke has already released the single “Get Her Back” from the album, debuting the song live at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards (watch below) and performing it again on “The Voice” on Tuesday (May 20). The song is believed to be a plea to Thicke’s estranged wife, Paula Patton.
Thicke has yet to reveal the album’s title, track list and artwork.
White Artists We Could Have Sworn Were Black
1. Daley is 24 years-old and is on his way to redefining the way R&B/Soul not only looks but sounds and feels.1 of 15
2. Teena Marie's range and classic R&B hits often made people question her ethnicity. (Retna)2 of 15
3. Michael McDonald surprised alot of people when they found out who was singing the hit "I Keep Forgetting."(PrPhotos)3 of 15
4. If you listened to singer Allen Stone's music you wouldn't know he is a blonde, blue-eyed hippie.4 of 15
5. Late Singer Amy Winehouse's soulful, unique voice often had her mistaken for a black, blues singer. (PrPhotos)5 of 15
6. R&B star Robin Thicke's sweet, falsetto is commonly mistaken for a black soul artist.(PrPhotos)6 of 15
7. Superstar Christina Aguilera is often tapped to do tribute's to the greatest black superstars, and kills it.(PrPhotos)7 of 15
8. Hall and Oates, the popular duo had many people believing they were black due to their Philly style of music.8 of 15
9. When Justin Timberlake went solo,lots of people were googling who this new R&B artist was, to find it was him. (Prphotos)9 of 15
10. When soul singer Joss Stone first appeared on the scene, many were surprised to find out she's not black.(Pr)10 of 15
11. It's hard to believe the singer of the soulful "What You Won't Do For Love" Bobby Caldwell is a skinny, white guy.11 of 15
12. Fergie jumped on the scene with Hip-Hop group the Black Eyed Peas and held her own in the R&B genre. (PrPhotos)12 of 15
13. Jojo, the "Leave Get Out" singer was commonly mistaken for a black artist before learning she's white. (PrPhotos)13 of 15
14. Adele tore up the airwaves this past year, often being compared to Soul Legends for her voice. (PrPhotos)14 of 15
15. Phoebe Snow another artist with a lot of soul who most thought was at least part black. (PR)15 of 15
(Photo: Rance Elgin)