Two Brooklyn kids were arrested for allegedly slipping rat poision in their teachers water.

It’s the end of the school year so cue the pranks!

Two Brooklyn fourth graders were arrested for allegedly slipping rat poison in their teacher’s water. Police are reporting that she noticed a bout of nausea after she drank the water.

CBS New York reports:

The teacher went to police after two other students told their parents they saw the boys put something in the bottle and the parents notified the school, officials said.

No one answered the door at the teacher’s home Wednesday, CBS 2′s Alice Gainer reported. The woman hung up the phone when contacted by CBS 2.

Parents at the school Wednesday morning were shocked to hear about the arrests.

“It’s poison,” parent Derrel Williams told CBS 2′s Weijia Jiang. “It could be given to kids as well. It’s a dangerous situation not to be taken lightly.”

“I think it’s horrible. I just heard about it, and I’m in shock. I’m shaking,” one parent told 1010 WINS’ Carol D’Auria. “I was thinking that the children are the future, and the future doesn’t seem too promising right now with these things happening in school.”

“This happened on Monday. It’s Wednesday. Something should have gone out to let parents know,” said mother Naomi Primus.

“You would think that would come from an adult, but not a kid in elementary school,” another parent said.
The teacher’s neighbors were also stunned by the news.

“She’s a very nice woman,” Dominick Barboscia told Gainer. “See her every day coming from work. It’s a sin what happened.”

The bottle is currently being tested, police said.

The boys are charged as juveniles with attempted assault, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of a weapon.

A third-grade teacher who did not want to be identified said she believes she was almost poisoned three weeks ago, Jiang reported. The water in her bottle was grey and murky.

She said she alerted school officials, but nothing was done, Jiang reported.

Should the school have reacted sooner? What do  you think should happen to the kids?

(Photo Source: AP)

17 thoughts on “Fourth Graders Arrested For Poisoning Teacher’s Water

1. I I think that the children should be counseled by school with parents present to determine where this originated, and set an example by putting as much fear in them as possible.

2. pac4me on said:

If those children you have above are not the children involved in this horrific story – you should really be ashamed of yourself. The fact that this story involved young 4th graders would have grabbed our attention without a photo!!!

• I said it. on said:

Every time it’s am article with kids doing something wrong, baw uses the same picture of the angry black kids. They are perpetuating a stereotype, but don’t care.

• I said it. on said:

The school is 81% Hispanic and the news media didn’t say that the students were AA. Why it has been assumed by the author and I’m sure Ianna in the post, is beyond me.

3. Big Papa on said:

My question is; why would you post pictures of two Black Children who obviously had nothing to do with this foolishness? Is this your way of saying it was done by Black Children?

4. IanRousseault on said:

Put these future Hood Rats, Murderer’s, Criminals away for the rest of their miserable lives, this is simply an outrage! The Parents should also be arrested and put away for not properly raising those little demon spawns! How in the Hell do you have those thoughts as a fourth grader? I’m 100% positive they are from some Rap Music Loving, Ebonic Speaking, Ghetto Reality Tv Watching, High School Drop Out, Drug Taking, Welfare Ingrained, No Father having family! This is so sad, we are truly destroying ourselves from the inside out!

• I said it. on said:

Like the trifling white girl who called in the ban threats because she had lied and stole her mom’s money for college that she wasn’t attending?

You’re at it again Ianna.

• IanRousseault on said:

And I’m going to continue being at it! Who gives a DAMN about the little white girl who called in the bomb threat? Once again DUMB ASSES such as yourself, miss the point of the story: OUR CHILDREN need to be cared for and raised properly!!!!! This stupid ass reflecting to someone else and what they are doing WILL not solve the problems in OUR community!!!! Why in the hell am I talking to someone who will NEVER get it or understand Life???? I will pray for you, that maybe one day, you will GROW a brain!

• I said it. on said:

You got me straight, gurrrrl! That prayer isn’t going to go any higher than the ceiling.

• I said it. on said:

The kids at the school have the highest test scores in the district and state. The school is 81% Hispanic. They also have AA’s, Whites, Asians, and Native Americans. Do your research and stop stereotyping by demographics.