“Black Dynamite” star White and model-turned-actor Beckford are in talks to star in the tale of Devin, a financially strapped college student who meets the owner of a male strip club (White) who convinces him to give amateur night a whirl. Beckford will play Adrian, the club’s former star attraction who finds his popularity fading as the new kid starts to steal the spotlight.
Jean-Claude LaMarre, whose 2006 Jesus biopic “Color Of The Cross” was released by Fox, wrote and is directing the pic, according to Deadline.com. He’ll also produce for his Nulite banner alongside Gabriel Casseus, Robert Aaronson and Rozina Negusei of Zanar Entertainment.
“This movie was in gestation for 2 1/2 years, but after ‘Magic Mike’ it seemed a natural fit for the African-American female audience,” LaMarr told Deadline. I researched the male exotic club scene and it’s massive across the country, with clubs specifically targeting middle-aged African-American women.”
The filmmaker has a deal with Eone’s non-theatrical urban features division but is hoping to shop it to a studio that can take ‘Chocolate City’ to theaters in a strategic rollout to urban markets where women flock to black male strip clubs, according to Deadline. The story also has a faith-themed subplot involving the protagonist’s struggle to balance his religious upbringing with his newfound career on the stripper stage.
“Chocolate City” is set to start production in Los Angeles in June. White recently appeared on The CW’s “Arrow.” Beckford appears in the upcoming drama “Addicted.”
Super Hot Black Models
1. Jessica White was discovered at age 13 and landed her first job modeling for Vogue.1 of 20
2. Tyson Beckford is an American fashion model best known for his days on the Ralph Lauren runway.2 of 20
3. Selita Ebanks is a Cayman born British model and actress best known for her days as a Victoria's Secret Angel.3 of 20
4. Kimora Lee Simmons is a former fashion model. She began her career at age 14 with a modeling contract with Chanel.4 of 20
5. Jourdan Dunn was discovered in 2006 and became the first black woman to walk the Prada runway in 2008.5 of 20
6. Eva Marcille is a fashion model who is best known for winning the third cycle of America's Next Top Model.6 of 20
7. Bre Scullark is signed to Ford models and is known for her time spent on America's Next Top Model.7 of 20
8. Naomi Sims began her career as the first Black supermodel. (Photo: EURweb.com)8 of 20
9. Michael Baisden Is Bringing His Family To The 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion9 of 20
10. Beverly Johnson made history when she appeared on the cover of Vogue. (AP)10 of 20
11. Businesswoman, actress and model Iman was a favorite with top designers. (AP)11 of 20
12. Tyra Banks was the first Black to grace the cover of S.I. (AP)12 of 20
13. Supermodel Naomi Campbell began modeling at the age of 15. (AP)13 of 20
14. Sudanese supermodel Alek Wek was discovered when she was 18. (AP)14 of 20
15. Ethiopian born model Liya Kebede has had a very successful career as model. (AP)15 of 20
16. Chanel Iman perhaps best known for her work for Victoria's Secret. (AP)16 of 20
17. Joan Smalls ranked #2 model in the world according to models.com. (AP)17 of 20
18. Model Sessilee Lopez has a Dominican and Portuguess background. (AP)18 of 20
19. Roshumba also appreared in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. (AP)19 of 20
20. Michael Baisden Is Bringing His Family To The 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion20 of 20
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)