Radar Online is reporting that Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, are under investigation by the Los Angeles Department of Children & Family Services over the headline-making picture of their daughter Willow, 13, in bed with 20-year-old actor Moises Arias.

“The investigation was formally opened last week and is being taken very seriously by the department,” an insider told Radar. “Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have been extremely cooperative with officials. Of course, they aren’t happy that their parenting skills are under scrutiny, but they understand.”

The source revealed, “Social workers will also be talking separately with Willow, and they also want to talk to the young man in the picture with her as well. This won’t just be one or two visits with the family, and it will likely be an open investigation for at least a month, out of an abundance of caution.”

Earlier this month, controversy erupted after 20-year-old actor Arias posted a picture of himself in bed with 13-year-old Willow on social media. Arias is best known for his role on the Disney series Hannah Montana and is reportedly close friends with Willow’s older brother, Jaden.

In the black and white photo, Willow is lying fully clothed on a bed with Arias, while Arias is shirtless, his lower half hidden underneath bedsheets.

Arias later deleted the shot shortly after positing it.

Pinkett Smith later lashed out at photographers at LAX when asked about the picture.

“Here’s the deal,” Jada said on May 7. “There was nothing sexual about that picture or that situation. You guys are projecting your trash onto it. You’re acting like covert pedophiles and that’s not cool.”

26 thoughts on “Are Will and Jada Being Investigated Over Willow Pic?

1. pac4me on said:

This is sad all the way around – first, why on earth do we have to share every single moment of our lives (without even thinking about consequences) second, I’m hoping & praying this child isn’t sexually active, but wouldn’t be surprised if she is – third, who ITF was taking this picture and why? fourth – Jada & Will have been so indulgent with their children, no doubt they think nothing is amiss, fifth- that grown ass fool in the picture needs a good ol ass kicking (whether guilty of wrong doing or not)

2. I hate the way some people think that every single thing they do has to be shared with the universe. Privacy really is our friend.

3. bpkay3@yahoo.com on said:

I guess I am old because if my mom had caught me lying on the bed with a half naked grown man I would have gotten a whippin. That’s just the way it was. I had to respect my parents, the house and myself.

• Amber on said:

I agree but you know these kids today even walk around with their tails hanging out, girls wearing low riders with their thongs showing, etc. Different day and age than when we grew up.

• micheal on said:

These two so-called parents are fruitcakes! Neither one of them qualify to raise children! I am not and never will be interested in anything they produce!

4. She should have been outside playing with kids her own age instead of laying on a bed with a grown ass man. Why wasn’t her brother in the picture?? Why is she laying around with his adult friends?? Where was her mama and daddy when the picture was taken?? They should be forced to take parenting classes. Money and fame can’t hide shame.

• Amber on said:

Whose to say her brother was not the one taking the picture? I do not agree with the way it look; however, I am not going to say they need to be arrested UNLESS something is PROVEN to have happen. I do not agree with guy wearing hoodies and their pants down to their butts with little knots sticking off thier heads; however,that does not mean those guys are criminals even those what they are doing is a bad impressional look because people judge.

• The charges need to be filed comment wasn’t mine. It doesn’t matter who took the picture. That child was in the wrong place at the wrong damn time. There is more then one Deb in the world.

• I am not a judge. I am a real parent. Mine is grown, and not one time did CPS have to come to my house. We have to monitor our children. We can’t let them do whatever in the hell they want to do. I suggested parenting classes. If it wasn’t necessary, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

5. jhuf on said:

So “it’s an innocent photo, people lay in bed together all the time, it means nothing?”
    I’m sure Woody Allen and Roman Polanski wish they had those skeptics in their corner
    It may not be anything to it but it’s NOT an appropriate action, as for underage girls having sex if their partner is 18 or older they better pray the girl keeps her mouth shut
    about it for a long time, I see news stories where adults go to prison all the time for that
    not to mention being labeled a sex offender

• jhuf on said:

I referenced two adults that had inappropriate relationships with minors (with pictures showing the act) and your rebuttal is “they would not care what people think ”? so in your mind nothing happened or was wrong

6. see, this is period when America’s Hollywood takes a jab at Will Smith’s family. he hasn’t never been on their radar until recently. #theblindinglightofmisinformationmustend

• Amber on said:

So true but I hope for thier sake that they tell their children not to post these kinds of picture. Innocent or not, people are going to think the worst of it regardless if there is anything to it or not.

7. Linda on said:

This may be the wake up call for Will and Jada to start parenting instead of their kids doing their own thing.

8. Paris on said:

They also need to question the 20 year old man who posted the picture. They should ask him why he felt it was necessary to post a picture with a 13 year old girl lying on a bed with him shirtless. Jada and Will may think it was innocent but they don’t know the motive of the man who posted the photo.

9. Charges need to be filed! That child is 13years old and having sex right in the house. Charges need to be brought against the parents!

• I said it. on said:

In all fairness, that picture does not prove that the girl is having sex. That’s reaching. The articles haven’t stated where the picture was taken, or if the Smith’s would approve of their daughter having sex.
      Also, you may be surprised at the number of girls in the U.S. who are thirteen and sexually active. It is considered neglect, but charges aren’t being filed. Browse Facebook.
      Most parents don’t go through the pictures on their children’s phones, but if they did they would find all sorts of illicit inappropriate pictures.

• Amber on said:

Oh please! Why should charges be filed? Stop the drama. Unless something is PROVEN, stop trying to make this a crime. Do it look apporiate? No, but it is not a crime. People lay in beds like this more than you know; however, when it becomes public, people want to think the worst even if it is nothing.

• Amber on said:

True. To bad will live in a world where people think the worst even if the picture turns out to be nothing. People can take a few second moment that is taken by a picture and make it out to be the worst. Even if it is innocent, Jade and Will need to be more caustion just of their family sake.