Attorney General Eric Holder and the U.S. Department of Justice released reports regarding accomplishments in various areas of the department. On Monday, the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division released its accomplishments report for 2013. This report follows and adds to data that was collected and released by the division last year which highlighted key moves under Holder’s leadership.
The division has been in existence for 57 years now, and the report shows that the Justice Department placed serious focus on the challenges that are faced today. With this new release, the division boasts new records regarding cases and the establishment of new agreements. As is the division’s main focus, the fight for equal rights and restoring balance to the civil and constitutional rights of Americans remain the core mission.
From the DOJ’s press release Monday:
Last year, the Civil Rights Division worked to safeguard the most fundamental rights of American democracy, to extend the promise of equality and opportunity, and to advance the cause of justice that has defined this country since its earliest days,” said Attorney General Holder. “I commend the dedicated men and women of the Civil Rights Division for their leadership on these critical efforts. Their work is exemplary and in many cases groundbreaking. It goes to the heart of who we are as a nation and as a people. And that’s why it continues to be a top priority for this Department of Justice: because we are, and will always be, firmly committed to overcoming persistent threats as well as new challenges in order to ensure equal justice under law.
Over the course of 2013, the Civil Rights Division continued the impressive track record it initiated during the first four years of Attorney General Holder’s leadership,” said Acting Assistant Attorney General Jocelyn Samuels for the Civil Rights Division. “But for all that the division has accomplished, much work remains. The division remains committed to meeting the next generation of civil rights challenges and to combating discrimination in all its forms. We look forward to an even more productive 2014.”
To view the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division reports, click here. In addition, Attorney General Holder’s office has also published a tally of his accomplishments in a new report which can be found here.
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (6/18-6/24)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Me & the homie @jaleelwhite #RujohnFoundation Happy to be in Jamaica! Good times
1 of 25
2 of 25
3 of 25
4 of 25
5. Good Morning. Early day in Detroit! Making press rounds for @thebossnetwork's Ladies That Lead Tour. Thank you @traycemadre and @colourbynumbr for my glam.
5 of 25
6. POWER the best show on TV @djenvy, Queens we so big out here. #EFFENVODKA #FRIGO
6 of 25
7. They said u lost a step, wasn't explosive as once was, the best days was in the real view, questioned your drive, your leadership, your commitment, you don't have killer instinct, going back home is the worst mistake in your career, he got the coach fired, players traded, won't work between him and Kyrie, Him and Kev won't work, love your teammates to much, there's no way he can deliver a championship in his hometown, etc etc etc.... But guess what THATS NONE OF MY BUSINESS #StriveForGreatness #ThisOneIsForTheLand #PutSomeRespeckOnMyName Hahahaha!!! Yes sir
7 of 25
8. Oooooh weeee this man right here is responsible for at least three of our four babies!! #JOE ❤❤❤🎤 #rnb #king #voicelikebutter #ForPeetesSake
8 of 25
9. Hanging with my @abcnetwork family! @abcunclebuck tonite y'all check us out ! @anthonyanderson @traceeellisross
9 of 25
10. My broski ( @sayeedshahidi ) and I are on Top 5 Live on @go90 at 5 (which is super duper close)! Make sure to tune in :) #UncleBuck #Blackish
10 of 25
11. Lights out💤 #GoodNight
11 of 25
12. Late nights mornings
12 of 25
13. Ran into the lovely talented @siedahgarrett on this brutiful favvuz deh!
13 of 25
14. #halal #love #thedargans #kattwilliamsSHOW #mashallah when that Jennah piece HIT!! @sweetjennahcollection glasses by @baddieglamaccessories LIZ 😍 @dynamiteko top @dazzledmv and jeans @thevision414 and shoes: @louboutinworld
14 of 25
15. Big Hair and Optical Illusions #OceanDrive #MiamiLiving #coverparty
15 of 25
16. MAMA and THE SAVAGES ... ⚓️ #supportyourlocalgirlgang
16 of 25
17. From the bottom of my ❤️, thank you new followers & old! & hello fellow night owls! #grateful #racheltrue #naturalhair #curlyhair #curlygirl #healthyhair
17 of 25
18. I feel so grateful because I met these amazing young minds, visiting from Houston TX, during their college tour stop today at #usc.These students are ALL extraordinary and embody academic excellence so I'm humbled to have shared a few moments with them to applaud and celebrate their bright futures ahead! Thank you @EmergeFellows for inviting me to speak and blessing me with your love and attention this afternoon!
18 of 25
19. Happy Fathers Day Pops. U taught me how to be a man. Lessons of love, hard work & gratefulness. Sorry the fishing didn't stick. LOL. I Love U!
19 of 25
20. Sky Zone and Ice Cream! Best Fathers Day Ever!! Photo credit @mariahcarey
20 of 25
21. Look what finally came in the mail 😎 #mtvmovieawards2016 💥+🌽! #straightouttacompton
21 of 25
22. Claudia Jordan: ....
22 of 25
23. 'Member that time I almost knocked a bajillion dollar camera off the car? Really? Yeah, me neither! #Greenleaf Episode 2 comin atcha!
23 of 25
24. Full of love. #birthday #Cabo
24 of 25
25. Oh hey! Look who just joined Snapchat
25 of 25