Kelly Rowland, Idris Elba, Janelle Monae and Rita Ora are among the stars involved in a new music and film project celebrating the world of soccer ahead of the sport’s 2014 World Cup.
Pepsi Max has issued the album “Beats of the Beautiful Game,” with Rowland, Ora, Monae, Don Omar, Santigold and Timbaland performing tracks that capture the spirit of the sport.
Alongside the music, filmmakers Elba, Diego Luna and Spike Lee will come up with short films to accompany the tracks.
Rowland’s song “The Game” is accompanied by a movie by Lee. “I was immediately attracted to ‘The Game’ because I can identify with its theme of overcoming challenges and finding your voice,” said Rowland. “It’s a very important message and I’m honored to partner with Pepsi Max on a project that brings the worlds of music, sports and film together. As an artist – and a huge film and sports fan – it’s been an incredible experience.”
From May 20, Pepsi MAX will premiere songs off the album as singles on iTunes, with accompanying filmtracks free to view the same day on pepsi.com/thegame, as well as artists’ YouTube or Vevo channels.
The complete 11-track album is released on June 9 internationally and June 10 in the U.S.
The full track list includes:
Janelle Monáe – Heroes, with filmtrack by The Young Astronauts
Don Omar – Pura Vida, with filmtrack by Jessy Terrero
Rita Ora – I Will Never Let You Down (Switch Remix), with filmtrack by Diego Luna
R3hab feat. Eva Simons – Unstoppable, with filmtrack by Idris Elba
Jetta – Crescendo
Kelly Rowland – The Game, with filmtrack by Spike Lee
Santigold – Kicking Down Doors, with filmtrack by Andy Morahan
Timbaland staring Rachel Assil – Whoever We Are, with filmtrack by The Kolton Brothers
Pearls Negras – Guerreira, with filmtrack by Cine Favela
Jolin Tsai Yl-ling – Now is the Time, with filmtrack by Cai Yiqi
Hassan el Shafei – Ahlam Men Gedial
14 Things You May Not Know About Janelle Monáe
1. Janelle Monáe's full name is Janelle Monáe Robinson.1 of 14
2. She was born on December 1, 1985.2 of 14
3. Janelle was born in Kansas City, Kansas.3 of 14
4. Her debut album "The ArchAndroid" was nominated for Best Contemporary R&B Album at the 53rd Grammy Awards.4 of 14
5. Her song "Tightrope" was nominated for Best Urban/Alternative Performance at the 53rd Grammy Awards.5 of 14
6. She's a Covergirl!6 of 14
7. One of her close friends is "The Purple One" aka Prince!7 of 14
8. Monáe on her signature tux: "I bathe in it, I swim in it, and I could be buried in it. A tux is such a standard uniform, it’s so classy and it’s a lifestyle I enjoy. The tux keeps me balanced. I look at myself as a canvas. I don’t want to cloud myself with too many colors or I’ll go crazy. It’s an experiment I’m doing. I think I want to be in the Guinness Book of World Records."8 of 14
9. Outkast's Big Boi discovered the unique talent!9 of 14
10. She was signed to Diddy's Bad Boy Records.10 of 14
11. She has an alter-ego named "Cindi Mayweather."11 of 14
12. Monáe studied drama at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in NYC.12 of 14
13. In 2012, Monáe won the "Young, Gifted & Black Award" at the BET Black Girls Rock! Awards ceremony.13 of 14
14. Her sophomore album is titled "The Electric Lady."14 of 14
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)