Apolla Nida, the husband of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Phaedra Parks, has pleaded guilty to various charges, reports CBS 46.

Nida, 39, plead guilty Tuesday to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire transfer. Reportedly, he will have to fork over restitution ranging anywhere between $2.3 million and $4.5 million. (Yikes)

In their statement today, the U.S. Department of Justice laid out the case against Nida:

This defendant participated in a sweeping fraud scheme that exploited many segments of the financial system, including phony claims submitted to federal and state agencies, loans secured by vehicles, and even basic identity theft associated with stolen checks,” said United States Attorney Sally Quillian Yates. “The extensive nature of the fraud is unfortunate and breathtaking. Prosecutions like this case help to highlight the vulnerabilities in the financial system, so that we can prevent future schemes and protect our citizens and government agencies from theft like this.”

Nida’s co-conspirator Gayla St. Julien was sentenced to 61 months in April. Realitytea.com says St. Julien issued a statement through a relative, and admitted that she cooperated in the investigation against Nida.

“Eight months ago, I did assist the Secret Service in only holding Apollo accountable for his part in the crimes,” St. Julien’s statement read. “Apollo and I have a very long history together we often referred to each other as best friends. I protected, kept Apollo’s secrets, covered up lots of affairs and when his mother lay fighting the battle against AIDS at St. Saint Joseph hospital, I was the one he called. We cried together and prayed together. Apollo made a promise to me that he would support me if the inevitable ever happened. Two weeks prior to the inevitable happening I was made aware of my arrest,  I went to him and he abandoned me. With a husband and children, I faced this head on. I wasn’t going to run. On that fateful day, I already knew I was on my own.”

St. Julien had words for Parks as well, stating that she kept Parks “out of it” because someone had to stay home to take care of the children.

On his part, AJC.com reports that Nida says part of the motivation for the illegal schemes was to keep up with his reality TV star wife. Nida married Parks fresh out of jail after serving five years on a federal racketeering charge related to auto title fraud.Parks signed a $60o,000 contract at one point, and Nida says he had a nervous breakdown trying to keep up a front as a reality show star. When he was thwarted opening a legal business because of his probation, he simply fell back on what he already knew best.

“I got sucked in and engulfed and lost sight of things,” he said.

He said that the takes full responsibility for what happened, but that he didn’t think he was hurting anyone since his schemes were mostly crimes against the government and private businesses.

Nida will be sentenced on July 8. Unfortunately, the father of two boys, Dylan and Ayden, is facing up to thirty years in prison. In addition, he may also have to pay a $ 1 million fine.

Do you think Phaedra should stand by her man or send him to divorce court too?

Sound off in the comment section below.

(Photo: Instagram)

36 thoughts on “Phaedra Parks’ Husband Apollo Nida Pleads Guilty to Bank Fraud, Faces 30 Years

1. Veronica Griffin on said:

2. Camella Jenkins on said:

Wasn’t their wedding was their youngest son’s party she threw for him, can’t exactly say what kind of event it was.

At their wedding I wondered what in the world was wrong with his mother who is white? That poor woman looked like she needed an oxygen tank or needed to be in a hospital bed. Obviously Apollo’s father is black, left he and his mother and Apollo had a rough childhood I’m sure. He learned to be a con artist and used his little looks to get women, I’ll be he was a juvee. The boy got issues and Phaedra thought she could change him/make him and mold him. Now she’s getting pay back for all the horrible things she said and did to people sadly their children will suffer from the parents’ mistakes.

3. Camella Jenkins on said:

Kenya was right, he must have had a prison flash back beating Brandon like he was fighting for his virginity in prison. He’s gonna have to fight for his virginity for reel and again this time because he’s going back. He knows he’s going back, told Kenya “if I go back you can put some money on my books” WTH-no intelligent person talk like that sitting up there looking like a fool with his hands behind his head flashing his little thug looking shoes with rhine stones on them, that boy ain’t use to having nothing and he’s a natural born criminal, Phaedra is a fool getting hooked up with him. She had sex with him fresh out of prison, Kenya told her to take a AIDS test. She lied about how far along she was during her first pregnancy because she and Apollo wasn’t married yet/obviously she was ashamed.

4. Camella Jenkins on said:

Phaedra will pay his million dollar fines and court fees. That’s why she have all those jobs and Kandi is client as well.

5. Camella Jenkins on said:

• I said it. on said:

According to his interview with S2S he was fatherless, he did go to juvie, and his mom was a dope fiend. He said some more things, but it was all questionable. He believes he is the cat’s meow for sure. Hopefully, his Donkey Booty will be okay in jail…he’s so pretty.

6. Camella Jenkins on said:

Shady fake people attract one another = Apollo and Phaedra/Phakedra. She’s just a entertainment lawyer representing strippers and D list washed celebrities in Atlanta. Probably carried a C average GPA, not much to brag about in law school She’s not very smart either and makes dumb stupid descisions.

7. hotlanta on said:

Now everyone will be watching Kenya to see what she has to say. If I was her I will be playing the “Happy” song by Pharrell. As a single woman I see this all the time when married women try to look down on you because you are not married and God just let them know you got a sorry man you wasn’t married either.

8. komjj14 on said:

Perhaps his shenanigans is the explanation as to why someone who is a lawyer would race against time to become a mortician. How ridiculous!

9. americanize. on said:

Phaedra you took a chance on a gangster an player. He will be gone for a long time,its real easy to get a divorce from an inmate,you deserve better.

10. IanRousseault on said:

I hope he gets ALL 30years, he deserves it! And I wish the judge would also sentence Andy Cohen and the ENTIRE cast of RHOA to 30years behind bars, for the crime against humanity and womanhood that they commit every Sunday night!!! SMDH!!!!

11. trotwoodjanet@aol.com on said:

well dayum…guilty…you did the crime now you must do the time. stop trying to keep up with the joneses…yah woman had money, she knew where you came from, so she must have been alright with it. like the other writter said when an educated woman gives you a chance to bette yourself, take that chance and make it work……dumb, dumb. dummy….

12. What was sad was when he mentioned to Kenya to “put money on his books”…that made me want to cry for his wifey who was sitting there looking like a fool! They devoted so much time to hating Kenya and never addressed their marital problems. Now, the world will see how it ends…with Apollo in prison for possibly 30 years and Phaedra now in Kenya’s shoes…vying to find a companion–to help her with those kids as a single mother. Talk about “Karma”…

• blacknote on said:

Phaedra, with her donkey booty and money, will hook another seersucker brother. But will it be enough?

13. Laughing Out Loud on said:

AND…why is Fakedra so proud to chastise Kenya for not having a husband, but marries a recidivist convict? I would much rather be in Kenya’s place – FREE from racketeering, bank fraud, 30 years and pure, unadulterated IGNORANCE! When Fakedra to poked fun at Kenya’s attempts to have a child – calling her eggs “scrambled” – I was so disgusted. There are many women whose last resort may have to be in vitro, or sperm banks. Fakedra, you should be ASHAMED!

14. Laughing Out Loud on said:

Phaedra is an “educated” FOOL! Apollo is an UNEDUCATED FOOL! They belong together in jail. I feel sorry for their two beautiful children. They should stop blaming Kenya for their legal troubles.

15. hotlanta on said:

Kenya was right again when she said karma is a bytch. She might pee in a cup looking for a baby daddy but Fakedra knew what she had and she and she had the nerve to brag and take up for a felon. Talking about you are talking about my kids father who has no JOB like Tommy from Martin. Talking to her son saying Daddy is at work when he was on Skpe in the next room. She met him when he was in jail and now he is going back. How do you tell your kids daddy is an embezzler and crook and yet her chest was all out proud like a peacock Sunday saying you can’t get no husband while she never had one either.

16. Kelly on said:

Phaedra is a vile disgusting human being. That speech she practiced in the mirror days before Sundays reunion after she came for Kenya must make her feel really proud. I still believe she had something to do with her husband crimes and helping him with access to LexisNexis. On Sundays reunion Apollo kept saying to Kenya she has no credit’ I took it as he knew because he looked it up on LexisNexis! His career has been built on fraudulently deception and prying on people so he deserves what he gets. “Where is Angela Stanton when you need her? Fakedra needs to go to prison as well and the feds needs to search hard to uncover the true fakedra. RHOA is a ratchet mess.

17. SAMSAMU on said:

Work at home special Report
    $9­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­r­­­­­­­­­ ­­­­­­­­­p­­­­­­­­­av­­­­­­­­­iv­­­­­­­­­d­­­­­­­­­v­­­­­­­­­ b­­­­­­­­­y G­­­­­­­­­oog­­­­­­­­­le­­­­­­­­­, I­­­­­­­­­ am ­­­­­­­­­making ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­good ­­­­­­­­­salary ­­­­­­­­­from ­­­­­­­­­home ­­­­­­­­­$5500­­­­­­­­­-­­­­­­­­­$7000/week , which ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­amazing, ­­­­­­­­­under ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­year ­­­­­­­­­ago ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­jobless ­­­­­­­­­in ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­horrible ­­­­­­­­­economy. ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­thank ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­God every ­­­­­­­­­day ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­blessed ­­­­­­­­­with ­­­­­­­­­these ­­­­­­­­­instructions ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­now ­­­­­­­­­it’s ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­my ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­duty ­­­­­­­­­to ­­­­­­­­­pay ­­­­­­­­­it ­­­­­­­­­forward ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­share ­­­­­­­­­it with ­­­­­­­­­Everyone, ­­­­­­­­­Here ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­started………

18. enychica on said:

She gave the brotha a chance to start over, rewrite his life, and he failed her and his family. Her hope for him to be a better person is not wrong or sad, his inability to be that better person is what’s sad. That said, everybody swearing she was involved fall back idiots. Like the justice department & federal government missed her “role”. She didn’t have one. She wasn’t even being investigated, was never named, and had nothing to do with it.

Fellas, when an educated woman with a successful career, home, and life gives you the chance to be more than what you ever were. you should take it and soar. Its sad that he couldn’t get past himself. He could’ve had it all and he will be regretting this choice for the rest of his life.

19. Not a fan on said:

She married the convict. The pretty boy. Mr. Heartbreaker. Mr. look so good. Player. Pimp. Low-life.
    Bow-Wow. Casanova. Women-eater.