Leslie Jones is under fire for her offensive “Saturday Night Live Weekend Update” skit about slavery. In fact, her “jokes” fell flat — leaving many uncomfortable.

She put on her “Super Slave” skit — making offensive jokes about herself, slavery and the black community.

“The way we value Black beauty has changed,” Jones said.  “I’m single now, but back in the slave days, I would have never been single. I’m six feet tall and I’m strong. Look at me, I’m a Mandingo,” she said.

The controversial skit continued with her talking about breeding as a slave woman.

“I do not want to be a slave. I don’t like working for all you white people now and you pay me. But back in the slave days, my love life would have been better. Master would have hooked me up with the best brotha on the plantation and every nine months I’d be in the corner popping out super babies. I’d just keep popping them out.”

She added, “Shaq. Kobe, LeBron, Kimbo Slice, Sinbad. I would be the number one slave draft pick. All of the plantations would want me,” she said. “Now, I can’t get a brotha to take me out for a cheap dinner. Can a bitch get a beef bowl?!!””

When critics of the skit protested, saying her skit was insulting to the Black community, Jones went on a Twitter rant in her defense — calling out the Black critics and individual followers as haters.

Also, she said instead of Black people supporting each other, Black people are killing each other, and that’s why they couldn’t get anywhere.

“Very sad I have to defend myself to black people…” she tweeted. “So here is my announcement black folks, you won’t stop me and I’m gonna go even harder.”

Jones later backed down on her comments and deleted several tweets.

24 thoughts on “Is Slavery Ever Funny? SNL Comic Gets Flack for Skit [WATCH]

1. Get A Clue on said:

Would there be this much support of a Jewish comedienne making light of the Holocaust on NBC? Once you start giving out passes on this type of behavior it spreads into the mainstream media as acceptable.

• Get A Clue on said:

The fact that you have to ask that question demonstrates the dangers of moving this type of humor from its prior venues to a major network like NBC.

Do you think the 200 kidnapped Nigerian girls about to be auctioned into sex slaves would think the SNL skit was funny?

2. IanRousseault on said:

There was absolutely nothing wrong with this COMEDY SKIT!!! Why don’t we see outrage from the black community about these God Forsaken black reality shows, that really make black people look like they are actually on Plantations?????

3. Babyboome on said:

Ok folks, I just watched the skit and actually I thought Leslie was spot on. Her timing was great and her delivery was funny to me. Also, the whole skit wasn’t just about slavery and what she was saying has a hell of a lot of truth to it. She’s right about the whole dating thing. Dates for bigger AA girls come few and far between but let some grunt work at home or on the job need to be done and all eyes turn to the big AA sista. So if it made some folk uncomfortable, it was probably because after all this time, some things haven’t really changed. I liked the skit and I think she delivered it as good or better than some of the AA male comedians have in the past. Keep your head up Leslie, It was funny to me…

4. pamela j on said:

this is typical SNL garbage it wasn” t funny when dave chappelle did it and not funny now ! Comedy is not making fun of anyones tradgedy no matter how long ago To bad comedians have no idea whats funny is glad I dont watch that crap !

5. my friend’s half-sister makes $69 /hr on the computer . She has been fired for 7 months but last month her check was $13194 just working on the computer for a few hours. look at this web-site …………
    W­­W­­W­.J­­O­B­S­3­3­3­­.­C­O­­M

6. BigMama on said:

this isn’t new material for Leslie. She’s talked about difficulty dating due to her complexion and stature. And she’s right, she would have been bred and black men today don’t think she’s pretty or marriage material. They’ve been brainwashed into believing that what ever the media says is pretty is a fact.

7. NeVa_DuNN502 on said:

If you watch SNL, it is all purely sketch comedy. A lot of the comics write their own material and some have writers. Did she write this? Who cares? I thought the sketch was funny! Every sketch on the show has comedic effect but all are not side splitting hilarious. I think being able to turn slavery or racism into comedy is pure genius. Comedians from every nationality do it everyday. Richard Pryor, Paul Mooney, George Lopez, Chris Rock and one of the masters of it, Dave Chappelle.

8. Slavery is a fuckload funnier than blacks raping and murdering the shit out of whites.

Slavery is a fuckload funnier than blacks committing 2/3rds of the violent crime in America.

Slavery is a fuckload funnier than blacks with IQs a full standard deviation less than that of whites.

Slavery is a fuckload funnier than every goddamned city blacks have destroyed since the 1960s.

• Hey jiggy5 I see you got a new user name again?? Lol

Dang you just can’t quit can you?

Tell your mama she better have my money!

• pjamesiii on said:

This is comedy, I get it. Art imitates life and so forth and so on.

You, however, are the biggest joke on this page. It sickens me to continually read/listen to your type of BS comments. This is the type of crap that racist america wants you to believe in order to perpetuate fear, segregation, and white privilege. The truth is, in spite of all that racist america has done to keep Black people oppressed and second-class citizens in this country, we continue to achieve and break barriers.

I see you. I understand why you are afraid….

• So kersey, you are so filled with fear and hatred that now you’ve degenerated to lying on your mamma. Please. Everyone that post opinions on this site, ignore posts by this retard. You know if he’ll lie on his mamma, he’ll say just about anything to get a rise out of you. IGNORE his posts. His opinions have no value, therefore, not worth replying to. Pass it on.

• Paul, it seems as if you HATE black people. If this is so, then you might as well go live in another country, because we’re rapidly outnumbering whites at a startling rate. It’s NEVER, NEVER, NEVER going to be that way (Slavery) again, so get over it.

• Hey Paul,
      You need to read your history books, white people did not invent everything. Also, you do know that you are on a BLACK owned website don’t you??? It’s called BLACK America Web, and it’s nothing WHITE about it!! Why do you even bother reading about black people since you’re so filled with hatred toward them. You need JESUS!

9. Mac Ben on said:

Dave Chappelle did a slavery skit a la a scene from ‘ROOTS’ and you niggas couldn’t stop laughing! Now, when SNL does something along those lines it isn’t funny? Ha ha haa , LMAO