Victoria Milan, the dating site for married and attached people, recently surveyed more than 5,000 cheating men; the results indicate that 78 percent of the respondents are in their first marriage, and that 82 percent of them began to be unfaithful after having children.
When asked to elaborate on what about having children made it so difficult in terms of staying faithful, respondents answered as follows:
- 30 percent indicated that sex with their partner stopped being passionate after the baby came
- 23 percent stated that they experienced problems in bed as a result of interruptions from the children during the night such as crying, illness, nightmares, etc.
- 18 percent stated that their spouse turned all of their attention to the children
- 15 percent cited economic problems as the source of their marital woes
- 14 percent indicated that other family issues were the cause of their problems.
Only 22 percent of the 5,000 cheating respondents were remarried. Sigurd Vedal, CEO of Victoria Milan comments, “Generally, second relationships, whether they be marriages or other committed relationships, are usually stronger because past experience has served both to correct behaviors and provide a more mature attitude towards relationships. It is also more common for problems arising from parenthood to arise in the first relationship; this is a function of both age and experience.”
While children are some of the most rewarding parts of being married (not speaking from experience at all in any way, shape or form), it seems that children do indeed bring a lot of stress into the union. It takes a strong couple to maintain a balance when they’re so thrown off course by a small little mixture of them both, who demands all of their time and attention.